Sitting here on the chair blogging while waiting for our clients to come for a 40 minutes back and shoulder massage, I thought of the differences between the Filipino and the German kitchen. I couldn’t actually compare the two because I think each country has each own traditional kitchen. While the Filipinos have the traditional “dirty kitchen”, the Germans have their modern furnished kitchen with lots of electrical gadges to use. Maybe the rich and modern Filipinos have these gadgets, too.
10 Things in the German kitchen:
- Bread cutting machine——-Most Germans buy a loaf of fresh bread and they only cut the bread when they eat it so the remaining bread will not dried out easily.
- Coffee machine for brewed coffee or coffee pads machine——Most of the Germans are coffee drinkers.
- Microwave—is a must in a German kitchen. It comes handy when you are in a hurry to heat your food and save time as well in defrosting frozen food.
- Oven and timer–is a must in a German kitchen as most of the Germans love to bake cakes and other delicious food like Sauerbraten and roast chicken.
- Electric hand or stand mixer and waffle maker —a standard gadget for baking.
- Dishwasher —is not actually in all households but full-time mothers with kids need this “handyman”. It is of great help especially when having a child’s birthday party.
- Refrigerator and huge freezer —Germans are stockpiling food too. When there are few days holiday, they shops a lot of food as if there will be shortage of food in the next few days.
- Potato peeler, baking pots and pans, pressure cooker
- Vacuum cleaner—though it is not a kitchen utensil, it is usually located in an extra storage near the kitchen
- Trashcan or bin
Maybe you have some of these things in your kitchen. If so, you are lucky to have them. I don´t have dishwasher but sometimes I wish to have one especially if we have guests at home. Which of these things would you like to have? Thanks for reading. Good night!
Copyright 2016, All Rights Reserved by ©Thelma Alberts
Posted in Expat Life, Food, Home and Appliances and tagged German kitchen appliances, German kitchen gadgets by TAlberts with 6 comments.