The guy who looked at the dripping roof and soaked floor in our allotted room went back to reception. Within a few minutes we got a call from reception apologising for the leak and they offered to upgrade us to a larger cottage with a private plunge pool!! We soon had people carrying our luggage to the new room across the pool and while they did that we strolled down to the restaurant for a buffet dinner. The restaurant is open on all sides and this makes it airy and comfortable.
The buffet spread was not massive, but the food was good. They had a short entertainment as we had dinner near the pool. The rest of our stay was magical. We strolled back to our huge room which had a bedroom and a living area. The icing on the cake was the massive bathroom with an open shower at one end. The shoer area did not have a roof and all that was above you was the sky. They also had another shower area that was covered if you wanted more privacy!
We spent the rest of the night sitting out on the verandah looking onto the pool. It continued to rain, but we didn’t care! We slept well and woke up to the gorgeous view of the pool again. After a sumptuous breakfast it was pool time! The pool almost ends at the edge of the lake and it looks like it actually flows into the lake! We literally spent hours in the pool. The water was not too cold and was very clean. There were coconut trees planted in spots in the pool and this added a nice touch to the experience.
Sadly we had booked only one night here as we wanted to do an overnight houseboat cruise. We enjoyed showering and packed up. The check out experience was lovely too and we couldn’t take our eyes off the pool as we reluctantly walked away. Goodbye Aveda, we will be back!
- The best pool we have ever used
- Great bathroom
- The basic rooms are small but the cottages are big.
- Excellent hospitality. We felt welcome and the way they quickly managed the leaky roof situation.
- Good restaurant and very good food choices. The service is discrete and friendly.
The not so good:
- Leaky roof in some rooms
- The rooms and cottages are right next each other as they are all poolside. So if you leave your curtains
open people can see in. Also there will be people walking right in front of your room or cottage as they go to the lakeside or the reception/restaurant
- No lifeguards! While there were people constantly cleaning the pool, I saw no lifeguards. So be with your kids at all times.
- The real backwater experience with canals and bridges is not there. If you want this you need to look at other options.
- They are a small property