No doubt workplace environment contains a lot of hazards and workers are at great risk of injury. The most dangerous element in a workplace is the forklift truck. There is nearly more than 8000 forklift truck accident occurs every year and considered dangerous one in the workplace. Forklift trucks are used to lift and move heavy pallets or objects from one place to another.
It is actually a responsibility of every employer to make sure workplace is safe and all workers are protected. Protection of employees is a first and main duty of every employer. If there is an accident occurs at workplace related to FLT, then an employer is responsible for that. An employer should need to follow rules and regulations of state and it benefits workers.
If you ever become a victim of such accident then you are eligible to file a compensation claim. This compensation claim is actually right for every employee as it helps to recover medical expenses. It also helps to recover loss of wages and other damages. There are some responsibilities of every employer while working with FLT at a place:
- An employer should keep traffic routes for forklift trucks marked clearly so that pedestrians and vehicles can move safely.
- An employer should make sure that traffic routes are kept clear so that forklift trucks can be safely operated.
- Employer should “govern” the gearing system on the forklift so that it cannot be driven too quickly.
- An employer should provide proper training and effective supervision to forklift drivers.
- An employer should make sure that forklift trucks are used safely.
If an employer fails to work on these rules and regulations then it is considered negligence of the employer. If you become a victim of an accident then you should eligible to file a claim. You should need to take appropriate steps after becoming a victim of an accident; it helps you to get successful compensation. Some of the instructions are given below:
- You should need to update employer, manager, and supervisor about an accident
- You should need to report the accident in accident record book of the organization
- Make sure to get a report of an accident
- Rush towards hospital to get initial medical treatment
- Make sure to secure all medical bills and loss of wages
These all are important steps after an accident to secure your compensation. If you don’t understand steps or employer don’t provide insurance then you need to engage personal injury solicitors. Personal Injury Solicitors Bury will aware you of your rights and help to recover compensation.