Warehouses are always the place of hazards and accidents. In many cases, it becomes the most common reason of accident for the workers as its atmosphere is responsible for this in many cases. The employer of the place should need to follow the guideline of the government and follows the Health and Safety regulations to prevent the accidents and the serious consequences that can follow.
Common Causes Of Warehouse Accidents
The most common causes of warehouse accidents are normally the mistake of the employer and working environment and some of them are as follows:
- If there is spillage of water, either oil or any hazard on the place and the worker results in slips, trips and falls – this is common reason of warehouse accident
- If the goods are not stacked properly on the shelves or the height of the shelves are too much higher then it may cause that objects can fall or either hit the worker
- In many cases use of ladders, mechanical pickers or elevated walkways at the warehouse is common but it may cause the falling accident if they are not used properly
- It is the prior responsibility of the employer to provide the adequate training to their staff members and if they don’t have training then it is the reason of accident
- Forklift truck accidents are the common one at the warehouse and usually causes due to the inadequate training
- If the accessories and machinery at the workplace environment are not maintained and causes injuries to the employees is responsible for accident at the warehouse
Common Injuries Resulting From Warehouse Accidents
The above-mentioned are the common reason of accident at the warehouse. But the fact is that these common reasons cause severe injuries to the workers. In many cases, it becomes the reason of long-term injury to the worker or put the trauma of the person’s mind. It either broke the bones of the person and if an object falls from the height and hit the employee then it causes severe head injury to the person.
If the worker falls from the height then it causes spinal injuries, brain injuries and even fatalities in some cases. Manual handling injuries can often include back injuries, arm injuries, and foot injuries. These type of injuries although maybe not as severe to start with can cause long-term problems such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
How Do I Make A Claim?
If you ever become the victim of an accident at the warehouse environment and it was not your fault then you are eligible for making the compensation claim with the help of personal injury solicitors in Bolton. All you need is to record the accident at the accident book of the organization to make sure you have evidence of the accident. The next step is to write down information of the eyewitness of the accident and later rush to the hospital for the injuries. If you have severe injuries then also visit the specialist to learn deep body functionality and long-term injuries and also save the record of expenses and damages you suffered the injury.