Avalanche Studios and Warner Bros., Entertainment’s Mad Max may not be the liking of some traditional game journalists but it’s a large, engrossing game for a lot of players. It’s easy, however, to get stuck in the game’s large open world and there are complete gameplay walkthrough guides available to help players through the main story missions.
YouTuber RajmanGamingHD has a complete walkthrough of the game from start to finish. You can check out the video below.
Welcome to my HD walkthrough for Mad Max, played on the Playstation 4 and also this is my first attempt at the game. Mad Max full game Walkthrough. Mad Max i…
It should almost go without saying that the intro to Mad Max the game absolutely curb stomps the intro to Mad Max: Fury Road. Max was little more than a passenger in the movie but here Max is a righteous badass.
Fuel is a real concern in the game. As it’s demonstrated in the early goings, be sure to keep your car full and store a can or two at all times in case you run out during your travels.
If you want to recreate the the Interceptor from the Mad Max films, it’s the third bodykit available when you get the option to select a new kit for the Magnum Opus while you’re at the graveyard.
You can keep your health filled using the canteen. Running out of water happens often but you may find a water pump at most bases, hidden or tucked away in a corner. Use the pumps to refill Max’s water supply whenever possible.
When leveling up Max’s ability at the Grifter’s checkpoint, you’ll be able to modify up to 10 different traits. Including:
- Channeling, which increases Max’s ability to remain in Fury mode longer.
- Munition increases Max’s ability to acquire more ammo when looting.
- Intuition increases Max’s ability to use a melee weapon longer before it breaks.
- Longevity increases Max’s ability to take more damage by increasing his maximum health.
- Metabolism increases Max’s ability to gain more health from food.
- Judgment uses a token to Max’s legend level by one.
- Essence increases Max’s ability to acquire more water from water sources.
- Volition increases Max’s ability to acquire more scrap when he’s looting.
- Adaptation increases Max’s ability to consume less fuel when driving vehicles.
- Attunement increases Max’s ability to deliver more damage when using a melee weapon.
You can earn more Grifta tokens by completing select challenges throughout the wasteland.
For car combat keep in mind that you earn more scavenging points and parts when you disable a car without wrecking it completely. You can also gain additional points if you commandeer the vehicle and turn it in.
Also, taking out towers and establishing vantage points help with surveying the land and establishing points of interest or landmarks on your map. It works like the vantage points in Assassin’s Creed and is good for discovering new locations.
In a separate series of videos, if you were looking for help with the side-quests in the game, YouTuber RongoTheBold has a series of walkthroughs simply focused on side-questing in Mad Max. You can check out the playlist below.
Mad Max is available right now for the PS4, Xbox One and PC. The open world game had to compete day one against Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, but the general impression from people who have played Avalanche Studios’ new title is that it’s fun enough to be well worth a purchase if you enjoy driving around in the wastelands of Australia, destroying cars and scavenging for upgrades.