Home » Soups
Category Archives: Soups
Are you fond of eating soup? Beef, pork or chicken soup? Maybe fish soup? We are fond of eating chicken soup especially during winter time. It keeps us warm. Besides that, it is very healthy especially if there are lots of vegetables in it.
When it comes to chicken soup making, I let my hubby cook that for us as he makes delicious and hearty chicken soup. Here´s the chicken recipe of my hubby. I´m allowed to share this with you.
2 chicken legs
200 grams of cleaned and washed vegetables of your liking (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, peas…)
2-3 tablespoons of noodles
1 onion, chopped
1 large potato, peeled and diced
a few meat balls
1 pinch or more of chili powder (optional)
2 eggs (optional)
- Wash the chicken legs and simmer on low heat for 2 hours in a pot with 2-3 liter water.
- When they chicken legs are done, take them off the pot and let them cool off. Then get the bones off from the chicken meat.
- Meanwhile, add the vegetables, the onions, the potatoes and the chicken stock cubes in the pot with chicken broth.
- Continue to simmer them in the medium heat until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chicken flakes and meat balls in the vegetable pot and continue cooking until it is boiling. Don´t boil too hot, to keep the broth clear.
- You can add 2 eggs without shells in the soup while boiling.
- Season with salt and chili and turn off the heat.
- Serve with bread, baguette or boiled rice.
Serves 4-6 persons
Health Benefits of Chicken Soup:
Do you know that chicken soup is mostly present in the hospital menu in Germany? Yes, it is. Chicken soup is not only good for the soul but also good for sick people. It is also very good when having colds. I don´t know why but after eating chicken soup meal, I feel better. I don´t have to wait to get sick to eat chicken soup. Chicken soup is served every week at home.
Copyright 2015, All Rights Reserved by ©Thelma Alberts