Today was actually a lazy day for me. Well I thought it was until I felt hungry skyping with my cousin. There was a brown out / blackout in my house in the Philippines that we had to stop our chat. After that I went to the kitchen trying to find out what I could make for our light supper. I saw an almost expired filo pastry dough that I thought I had to make something out of it. Gladfully I found some of what I needed for the pastry. Thankfully, these ingredients were the basic food we had in the fridge for making our meals. That was the first time I made this triangle filo pastry that I was creative again in my kitchen. I was successful. The filo pastry was delicious and savoury that I have eaten 2 out of the 6 pieces I have baked.
Ingredients : 6 pieces
1 Filo pastry from the supermarket, 25×38 cm
50 grams bacon, cubes
1 ripe tomato
50 grams Feta cheese
2 to 3 tablespoons Brunch Tomato and Ricotta breadspread
1 leaf spring onion, cut into pieces
Chili or white pepper powder
1 egg for brushing the pastry
- Cut the filo pastry dough into 6 squares.
- Wash and cut the spring onion and the tomato into cubes.
- Slice the Feta cheese into cubes.
- Spread the Tomato and Ricotta breadspread on the filo pastry dough but not on the edges.
- Then add some bacon, tomato, feta and spring onions on top of it. Don’t make it so full.
- Sprinkle white pepper powder or chili powder if you want it hot.
- Fold the filled filo pastries into triangles and arrange them on a baking tray.
- Sealed the pastries by pressing the edges with fork.
- Brush the top with blended egg.
- Baked in a 200°C preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with salad and maybe a glas of red wine.
I hope you will try this food especially now that barbecue time is in season. This filo pastry snack is good for fingerfood parties because eating this food cold is also yummy. Thanks for reading. Have a great new week to all😀
Copyrights 2016, All Rights Reserved by ©Thelma Alberts