It´s almost 2 weeks since I have written a new recipe in this site. I know it´s Good Friday and I have to fast but we have a visitor today and so I made a special snack for us to go with our teas and coffees.
It was an easy snack recipe and the pastry was readymade as I have used filo pastry that I have bought in the supermarket. I have to tell you honestly that it was the first time I have made this filo pastry snack. I used my imagination again and made this with the ingredients I had in my fridge. These snacks turned out delicious and so I have to share this with you.
275 gram filo pastry
1 can (140g) tuna in oil
3 tablespoons yoghurt salad dressing
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped mandarine fruits
1 leaf of spring onion, chopped
6 pieces of cheese (the one for toasting)
1 blended egg for brushing the pinwheels
salt and pepper to taste
baking sheet for the baking tray
I was not sure if our visitor ate mandarine and so I divided the recipe into 2 portions. Half of the tuna flakes mixture was with mandarine, the other half was without mandarine. I cut the long filo pastry crosswise into 2.
- Cut the filo pastry into 2 and brush them with olive oil.
- Drain and mix the tuna flakes in a bowl.
- Add the yoghurt salad dressing, spring onion, salt and pepper.
- Divide the tuna flakes mixture into 2 and add the chopped mandarine to the other half portion.
- Spread the tuna flakes to their respected filo pastries. One with mandarine fruits, the other one without.
- Put 3 pieces of cheese on top of each filled filo pastries.
- Roll each filo pastries and cut each into 10 pieces.
- Arrange the tuna filo pastry pinwheels on the baking tray with baking sheet.
- Brush with blended egg and bake in a pre-heated oven (200°C) for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
That was the first time I have baked tuna filo pastry pinwheels and I was happy with the result. The tuna flakes mixture in this recipe is one of my basic recipe when making tuna sandwiches for spontaneous snacks and so I thought I could make this as well for baking the pastry snacks. Would you like to try this? Please share in the comment below how you like this recipe. Thanks?
Copyrights 2016, All Rights Reserved by ©Thelma Alberts