Snack of the day: Homemade Potato Fries
Hello there food lovers! It’s been a long time again before I am able to update my posts here 🙂 I just miss posting and sharing foods and thoughts so here, I’m going to share our snack of the day!
❝French fries, chips, fries, finger chips, or French-fried potatoes are batonnet or allumette cut potato that are normally deep-fried but could also be cooked in an oven.❞ Wikipedia
The Homemade Potato Fries!!!
I just discovered some trick on cooking potato fries also known as French fries and I’m going to share it with you guys. Some might know this trick already but I know some still doesn’t know about this. Okay, here we go. We only need:
- 5 small potatoes or 3 large potatoes
- 1 1/2 cooking oil
- Salt and
- First, peel all your potatoes and cut them in a French cut for your French fries.
- Next, wash them and don’t fry them straight to your frying pan!
- Boil them first in a caserole for 10-15 minutes so that it will be soft and won’t burn when you’re going to fry it.
- After boiling the fries, remove the water and add some margarine.
- Then your potatoes are ready to be fried. Boil your cooking oil first and fry your potatoes. You’ll see your potatoes were beautifully fried and not burned.
- After frying your potatoes for 5 minutes, sprinkle some salt and prepare some sweet sauce or spicy sauce or ketchup is enough.
- Enjohy your homemade French fries!
❝wash them and don’t fry them straight to your frying pan!❞
Pin for Later
That’s it! Easy peasy homemade French fries 🙂 Time to eat! How about you? What is your snack of the day? It’s good if you can suggest some tricks in your recipes too. By the way, Sharing this is much more appreciated.
I’ve been planning to cook for this recipe since last week and finally I was able to cook it now for our dinner.
This is an Ilocano dish that consists of mixed or different healthy vegetables like, squash (kalabasa), eggplant (talong), bitter melon (ampalaya), string beans (sitaw), okra and others are fish sauce/ Shrimp paste and pork (optional). If you don’t have enough time to prepare these vegetables by cutting and peeling them, you can buy a pack of these ingredients that are ready to cook. What I mean is, some vegetable vendors on a public market were also selling peeled and cut vegetables for Pinakbet so you won’t be spending time peeling and cutting them. Pork is optional you can add pork if you want and you can still have pinakbet with pure vegetables only with the fish sauce or the shrimp paste. You can use bagoong or alamang it depends on your tastes.
>> Pork (optional)
>> cooking oil
>> Salt and pepper
>> 4 tbsp bagoong or shrimp paste (alamang)
>> 1 1/2 cup water
>> 1 tbsp Ginger sliced and crushed
>> diced Onions
>> minced garlic
>> 3 sliced tomatoes
>> 1 ampalaya/ bitter melon chopped into bite size
>> squash cut into cubes
>> 1 bunch of string beans/ sitaw cut by 2 inches
>> 2 eggplants sliced into bite size
>> 5 pieces okra cut in
- If you want to add pork, you have to fry it first in a cooking pan until brown, then remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Then saute’ the garlic, onions, tomatoes and ginger on the same pan.
- Next, boil the water and add bagoong in a casserole.
- Add the fried pork and the sauteed garlic and friends and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then add all the vegetables and remember don’t overcook it.
- Add salt and pepper and you’re done!
- Serve hot and eat it with your super white plain unlimited rice.
Simpleng Tinolang Manok/ Chicken Ginger Stew
Hello there, here is another Filipino food that I cooked yesterday. I called it “Simpleng Tinolang manok” because my niece requested for tinolang manok without the green leafy vegetables like chili leaves or the malunggay leaves. So it’s plain chicken and sayote only. I prefer to use sayote because it tastes better than papaya.
Tinolang manok or the Chicken Ginger stew is one of the favorite Filipino dish of almost all Filipino families which is best for lunch and dinner. This is a delicious dish made by boiled chicken and sauteed with ginger then added with papaya or sayote and chili leaves or malunggay. It is best served as a hot soup or with plain white rice and patis and chillies.
>> 1 liter water
>> 1 red diced onion
>> 5 cloves minced garlic
>> 2 tablespoon patis or fish sauce
>> 4 tbsp cooking oil
>> 2 tbsp ginger – crushed and sliced into strips
>> ½ cup chili leaves
>> 1 kilo chicken (Cut into pieces)
>> 2 papaya or sayote cut into small pieces
- Heat oil in a stock pot and saute garlic, ginger and onion.
- Then add water and the cut chicken.
- Wait until it boils and simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Add some fish sauce.
- Then add the papaya or the sayote and simmer again for another 5 minutes or until the vegetable is soft but don’t overcook it.
- Next add the chilli leaves or malunggay leaves and turn of the heat and you’re done!
- Serve hot with plain white rice and with chili or patis.
It’s the favorite dish of my niece but we should not add the leaves anymore. She doesn’t want it sticking on her teeth and mouth but with the simple tinolang manok, she can eat almost all of it for her lunch and dinner. That’s it!
Hello there guys! It’s already summer and I know soups are not in during this hot season. But mom is just craving for Tahong that’s why we cooked Sinabawang Tahong or the Mussel Soup for lunch. Instead of writing another blog, I was on the kitchen with mom busy tasting the soup lol. Of course I want to know how it’s done step-by-step and ready to share here.
We’re a family of chili lovers. We just love eating this especially when we eat it with vinegar full of hot chili! Hmmm sweats coming out while eating Tahong soup and with the spicy vinegar. I can’t even stand up after eating coz we really missed eating Tahong.
So for now, I’m going to share one of the Tahong or Mussels Recipe for today. I hope you’ll love this recipe too.
Sinabawang Tahong / Mussel Soup
> minced garlic (2 cloves)
> small onion sliced thinly
> peeled ginger
> 1 tbsp cooking oil
> salt and pepper
> 2 small tomatoes or 1 large tomato if you have 🙂 , chopped
> 4 cups water
> 1 tbsp bagoong or fish sauce
> 1 kilo mussels or Tahong
This is all what we have in the kitchen so after preparing these, we’re now ready to start cooking!
1.In a medium heat pot, pour the cooking oil.
2.Then add together the ginger, onions and garlic. Saute’ all the way!
3.Put the tomatoes and start mashing it until softened.
4.Next, add the bagoong or the fish sauce and wait for two minutes.
5.Then add the 4 cups of water and wait until it’s boiling.
6.When it’s already boiling, you can already add the mussels or tahong. Wait until the shells opens a bit and floats for 5 minutes.
7.You can add salt and pepper or even magic sarap.
8. Taste and serve hot.
You can eat this with spicy vinegar guys! Hope you like it!
Simple Ground Pork Menudo (Saori’s Style)
Hello guys, it’s been a month since I updated my blog for my food recipes. I just missed sharing some simple recipes here. I just want every recipe to be simple especially when I’m just cooking for myself or for us in the house. Let me share to you this simple and easy recipe and my mom calls it “Style Sadut” or the lazy style lol.
Ground pork menudo is also known as Pork giniling menudo in Filipino. This is a tomato-based dish and one of the Filipino Recipes that I love to eat. It is cooked similarly to Pork menudo but the only difference is, we’re using ground pork. The usual menudo here in Philippines has liver, raisins, green peas, carrots, potatoes and of course pork.
Actually even those who doesn’t know how to cook can do this because of my secret. Lol. I’m referring to Knorr Complete recipe Menudo. This is so easy to cook with Knorr. It makes cooking more easier.
½ kilo ground pork
2 large potatoes cut in cubes
2 cups of water
1 Knorr Complete recipe Menudo
Salt, sugar and pepper (Optional)
How to Cook Simple Ground Pork Menudo?
1. In a hot medium pan, heat oil then sautae the diced onions and minced garlic.
2. Next add the ground pork or pork giniling and wait until it’s tender.
3. Mix it with Knorr Complete Recipe Menudo and wait for 10 minutes.
4. Then add the potato cubes and simmer it for another 10 minutes.
5. Then add some sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well and taste.
6. Leave it for another 5 minutes then serve it hot.
So this is it! Hope you like this simple recipe that doesn’t need more ingredients but still tastes the same like the usual menudo. Happy cooking guys!
Hello there, here’s another recipe that I would like to share because most of us cook Filipino corned beef with potato saute and I also used to cook corned beef with egg but this time I cooked soup. I prefer to eat any hot soup whenever I’m sick or not feeling well like this time that I have cough and colds. So instead of saute, I made a corned beef with potato soup. This is just another experiment guys and It tastes good too.
- 1 can Corn Beef
- salt and pepper
- or all-in-one seasoning mix
- cooking oil
How to cook:
- In a medium hot pot, pour the cooking oil.
- Next, saute the garlic and onions
- Then mix the corn beef.
- After mixing the corn beef on the pot, put the diced potatoes.
- Then add water enough for the potatoes to be cooked.
- Put some salt and pepper or all-in-one seasoning mix and taste.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Done! Serve hot and enjoy your corn beef with potato soup.
Maybe some of you already did this kind of soup. I just tried to cook it this way and hmmmm delisyoso! This is what I love on experimenting some recipes. I’m just glad that I never failed lol thank God. Maybe I just know how to cook the way I want or maybe I’m just hungry.
But believe me when I say it’s really delicious, because it is and just try it and let me know if you like it or not because we have different taste when it comes to food ^.^
Anyway If you have more suggestions on some recipe of corn beef you can leave a comment here =) I would love to try it too because I also want to discover some new recipes that I haven’t tried yet.
We all have different versions of homemade pizzas. It’s everyone’s favorite, but its too expensive, that’swhy instead of buying, we just have to make our own pizzas. We can have these cute sized pizzas for our breakfast and sometimes for snacks in the afternoon or for a midnight snack. Thanks to our partner, YouTube, we were able to get some ideas on making homemade pizzas and its really a good bonding with our family.
We’ve been doing this since my brother started to make one. But it was a hotdog and cheese pizza that time. Then we tried another combination with groundmeat, onions and with pineapple chunks and it turned out yummy as well. We also tried other recipes aside from pizza like egg and cheese on sliced bread and we’re really having fun doing it. We just love cooking and discovering other recipes together. And thank God we don’t get fat even if we really love to eat.
This is my latest homemade pizza that I made early in the morning while writing my thoughts in one of my best earning sites, the ham and cheese pizza. I can think well while eating, plus listening to a positive music. I just love this combo. Try this.
Preparing this is so easy.
- Sliced Bread
- chopped Ham
- Red bell pepper
- salt and pepper
How to make Ham & Cheese Pizza
- First, slightly press the center of the sliced bread except the sides.
- Next, spread ketchup on it.
- Then add the chopped ham.
- Sprinkle grated cheese or cheddar
- Put it in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve it hot and you can add cheese again if you want.
If you have any suggestions please let me know. I would like to hear it from you also and will try to do it.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day isn’t it? But sometimes bread and coffee or tea is enough. And sometimes we eat same foods daily for breakfast like egg, hotdogs, bacon and ham. These are the most cooked foods for breakfast here in Philippines.
But I want to try another and I just love experimenting/discovering recipes/dish myself. One of my experiment is carrots with milk and sago. But this time, I will share what I ate this morning.
Yes it’s hotdog again. It’s my favorite since we were kids. But, this time it’s a saute. A chopped hotdog cooked with onions and garlic. But I prefer to cook it with garlic only. It’s more delicious. Garlic added a more delicious taste to the hotdog plus a fried rice . A really must try.
How to Cook Chopped Hotdog Saute:
I believe you know how to saute. That will be so easy to you.
- Just chop the hotdog in round shape guys.
- Then In a medium hot pan, pour the cooking oil.
- Next saute the garlic and onions.
- Followed by chopped hotdog.
- Mix until cooked
- Serve Hot and enjoy! =)
Chopped Hotdog Saute’ with Plain Rice
Chopped Hotdog Saute’ with Fried Rice
I just discovered this when 1 time, my mom defrosted our ref overnight and hotdog had a spotted white color on it in the morning. So I had to remove those and I have to chop them. I was thinking how to cook it when mom told me to try saute. So I tried it and that time I have no onions and it turned out extra yummy with garlic only.
See? Discovering this kind of recipe is just an accident lol. Try to experiment too and share it with us guys. You can tag me if you have blogs about foods. I would love to try them too. =)
Hello everyone, maybe you’re wondering about my recipe’s name – “Puke-Puke”. It’s a Filipino word meaning female organ. It’s funny because it has nothing to do with the food. I just heard it from my brother’s friend when they cooked here in the house.
We really love eating spicy foods here so he cooked for us that time when he visited my brother. We can’t stop laughing when he served the food saying “kainin nyo tong Puke-puke ko” in English, “Eat my P****”. He’s so funny.
So that’s the time we started calling this food Puke-puke.I don’t know the exact story why he called it like that. But they said it was called that way in a particular place here in Philippines. I’m still searching lol.
If you love spices, you should try this too. You’ll love this. All you need is eggplants and sardines and of course the condiments. It’s so easy to cook this food.
Do you want to try this? Here’s the recipe.
Spicy Eggplant With Sardines Saute’ (Puke-Puke)
PREPARATION : Prepare all the ingredients.
- Chop the eggplants in round shape. You can chop it like this but not so thin.
- Prepare the diced onions and garlic.
- Open the canned sardines. lol
- Chop the chili.
How to cook Puke-Puke:
- In a medium heat, pour the cooking oil.
- Then put the garlic until golden brown followed by diced onions.
- Next, mix the sardines and grind it into bits with your ladle.
- After 10 minutes, put the chopped eggplants.
- Then add 1 cup of water. Remember, your water should be enough only to cook your eggplant.
- Add salt and all-in-one-seasoning mix.
- Taste it of course.
- Wait until eggplant is cook.
- Lastly, put the chopped red chili and mix well. Enjoy the bomb while eating :).
That’s all guys… Hope you like this recipe…Love Sweetmuffins/Saorisam