I recently wrote an article on the best supplements to take for your skin health. I know that there are varying arguments for and against the use of supplements out there. But I don’t see anything wrong with taking supplements to help your skin, as long as you obviously don’t rely solely on them to provide you with the necessary nutrients. Supplements are not to be used in place of a well-balanced diet, and are in fact an aid to supplement your diet should you decide to go down that route.
As you can tell, I’m a fan of supplements and take some on a daily basis, in particular those designed to help skin health. For as long as I can remember, I have always had issues with my skin. I’d just hit puberty when I suddenly started getting these horrible spots that just wouldn’t go away, no matter what I did to address the sitiuation. Over the years, my acne seemed to change face, escalating to cystic acne right through to hormonal acne. I never thought I’d get rid of it, but I finally did, in part due to use of skin supplements. I learned that sometimes you also have to clean your skin from inside out, after all, you are what you eat, right?
Here are more supplements that your skin could benefit from:
- Olive fruit extract. This extract helps protect the skin from free radicals and the oxidative damage associated with aging. It also improves the overall health and beauty of skin.
- Biotin is a member of the B-vitamin family. Research has indicated that nail strength and quality are improved by taking 2.5 milligrams per day.
- Hyaluronic acid. In essence, hyaluronic acid is one if the skin’s premier moisturizers, as it holds water in the intracellular matrix of dermal connective tissue and contributes to the skin’s elasticity.
- Rosemary contains active plant compounds like ursolic acid and carnosic acid that have powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Rosemary can help keep your skin looking vibrant by supporting cell membrane health.
- Green tea extract. Green tea is a source of polyphenols known as flavonoids, the predominate flavonoid being Catechins are strong antioxidants that promote overall health and protect against free radical damage to the skin. More and more beauty products contain this powerful ingredient.