Ever since I was a teenager, I’ve always been fascinated by skincare and skin products. I was also afflicted by acne from my early teens into adulthood. In fact, I was only able to address my catalogue of skin ailments in the past few years. It took a lot of trial and error, blood and sweat, tears and stress; but I got there in the end. I tried everything under the sun, in vain.
My prayers were answered when I stumbled across a product called Panoxyl (10% Benzoyl Peroxide). It comes in a face wash and gel, for just under £10! Shortly after I started using the two products, they reduced my breakouts by about 95%! To this day, I continue to use these products once in a while, especially when I have a couple of particularly stubborn spots to tackle.
Once I got rid of the acne, I had the mammoth task of tackling my unsightly, heavily hyper- pigmented skin tone. I was saved by the very expensive and aggressive, but very effective Obagi skincare range. I have to warn those who would want to brave it; It’s not for the faint hearted!! Obagi products totally transformed my skin beyond belief. I will do an informative review of it very soon, for those who are interested.
Now that I’ve won the acne and uneven skin tone battle, I religiously observe a skincare regime that helps me maintain healthy skin.
- I ensure I wash, cleanse and tone twice a day
- I use the Clarisonic Mia face brush which removes all the makeup and grime; to leave you with squeaky clean skin, and smaller, tighter pores!
- I take Brewer’s yeast supplements on a daily basis
- I wear sunscreen religiously, come rain or shine! * It has to be natural sunscreen, which contains zinc oxide
- I also swear by Vitamin C Serum, every woman worth her “beauty” salt and who wants to grow old gracefully should start using Vitamin C serum as early as possible
- I ensure I exfoliate 2-3 times a week. This procedure sloughs off dead skin cells to let fresher, more glowy skin through
- Once a week I also administer a home made turmeric and apple cider vinegar mask, to keep uneven skin tone at bay
My skin is by no means perfect, but I’ve discovered over the years that skin needs continued tender, loving care. Look after it while you’re younger, and you’ll be rewarded handsomely as you get older. This is where the expression “ageing gracefully” truly comes to life, because it shows if your skin has been taken good care of.
What about you, what are your beauty secrets, care to share any?
Picture courtesy of pixabay.com