I love taking time out of my day to be thankful for all the positive things in my life. I have so much to be thankful for, and I don’t want to focus too much on negative things or things I don’t have. And that can be an easy habit to slip into around this time of year.
Today, I am grateful for…
- … my daughter. She always makes me smile, and I am never sad to see her. She makes my everyday so much better. I feel so lucky to have been given such a daughter because she is truly amazing. She is funny, smart, and a bit of a sassy little thing. And I wouldn’t trade her for anything.
- … my husband. He works so hard to make sure our family is stable, and I am so proud of him for going back to college. He is making himself better so that he can be better for us, and that makes me feel so special. He is so good to me, and I feel so lucky to have him.
- … my little bean. Being pregnant holds so much potential for this little life. I mean, this child could literally be anything, and that thought makes me feel so optimistic. I hope that my little one is happy and healthy, and that will make me happy, as well.
- … my friend from Tennessee. I met like three years ago, and the friendship just stuck. Even now that I’m in Colorado, we are still close and talk everyday. She sent me the most amazing Christmas presents today, and I love that she knows me so well. It makes me feel so loved to have her make that kind of effort just for me.
- … the holiday season. I love the opportunity to make my friends and family feel special and loved. I wish I would remember to do it more often because you never know when the last time will be that you get the chance to tell someone you love them.