Today, I went grocery shopping for basically the first time since I’ve been home. And we were pretty desperate for some good food. I love to cook, and my husband is pretty used to having a home cooked meal each night. He gets bummed when we eat at a fast food place because he loves my food so much. It makes me feel good, and I always like trying to find new recipes he’ll like.
We’re pretty broke, though, so I had to buy a pretty cheap menu. I only got enough food for five nights, and I’ll get more when my check from another site comes in. I hope it shows up soon.
Anyway, here are my plans for dinners this week:
- Tonight, we’re having parmesan crusted pork chops with macaroni and cheese and some bread. I may make some corn, as well, just to sort of round out the meal. It should be pretty tasty.
- Monday night, we’re having a little Asian style meal. I’ll make brown sugar glazed pork chops to serve with white rice, peas, and carrots. I’ll top it all with a little soy sauce, and it’ll be so yummy. I may even throw some mushrooms or broccoli in there, too!
- Tuesday, we’ll have corned beef hash tacos. Okay. I know. This sounds disgusting. But it’s really good! I got the recipe from my hubby’s grandma, and it goes great with Spanish rice.
- Wednesday, I’ll make spaghetti. I’ll probably make some bread to go with it, and I’m looking forward to the meal. I love some yummy pasta. It always makes my day end well.
- Thursday, I plan to make some enchiladas. I bought a canned sauce, thought, because it’s cheaper. The brand I got is really good, though, and I know my husband will like it!
So, anyway, that’s my meal plan for the week. It’s good to know that I have it all planned out. I just wish I had enough money to get a dinner for Friday. That would have made me feel a little more prepared.