I’m feeling like today is a bit of a difficult day to be thankful. I am feeling frustrated with a lot of things, and I am even more frustrated at the fact that I can’t change things over night. It’s going to take a lot of work over a lot of time. Eventually, though, I’ll get there. So, until then, I just need to be positive.
So, today, I am grateful for…
- … my daughter. She is such a bright spot when everything seems dark. She is always so cheerful, and she is the sweetest little kid. I love when she wraps her little arms around my neck and squeezes with all she has. She’s amazing.
- … my husband. Without him, this little family wouldn’t be possible. He makes my life so much better, and I wouldn’t trade him for anyone in the world. He’s amazing.
- … my cousin. I found out that, last night, he was in a car accident, and he totaled his car. I was so scared. But, luckily, he’s doing just fine. That is, aside from the damages he’ll have to pay for. I’m just glad that he’s okay.
- … the small income we actually do have. With that little bit of money, we are able to pay for our home, our car, and the things that our daughter needs. I know it’s not the biggest income ever, and I know that my pennies don’t add very much to it, but we’ve done pretty well in keeping up with our bills. I can pay my bills every month, and I never have to deal with collection agencies or anything.
- … the military’s commissary. It’s basically a grocery store, and it has seriously discounted prices on just about everything. I mean, I managed to get five nights’ worth of meals, plus a few extra things we needed, all for about fifty bucks. I mean, I couldn’t have done that at Walmart. So I’m grateful that I have access to that store.