I’m in a really bad mood today, and I need to turn it around. Plus, I read this thing on Pinterest saying that, if you list three things you’re grateful for across 21 days, you can make yourself feel a whole lot happier. So I’m going to try to change my mindset because I really want to enjoy my daughter’s second Halloween.
Today, I am grateful for…
- … my daughter. I am always thankful for her. She is the one constant in my life. I know she may not always be the most well behaved, and she can be a bit trying, but I love her. I wouldn’t trade her for anything else in this whole wide world. She’s the best.
- … my husband. Even when I’m having trouble with my family, he is always there. He always takes my side, and he makes me feel like I’m important. I love that because, all too often, my family makes me feel like my opinions don’t matter. He’s such a wonderful husband.
- … my home. With all these money problems, it’s an obvious choice. I may not be the richest person out there, but I have a roof over my head, and I have food in my pantry. My daughter has toys, clothes, and diapers. She never goes without. And I’m grateful for all that I have.
- … Halloween. This holiday has so much fun that goes along with it. I loved every second of decorating pumpkins with my family, and I’m looking forward to trick-or-treating this evening. I love any holiday that gives me a chance to spend time with my family.
- … the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. Not many mothers are given this opportunity. They are forced to go back to work, and their children have to be raised either by family or by strangers at a daycare. I am so grateful that get to spend this time with my daughter, and I wouldn’t trade this time for anything.
… maybe life isn’t so bad today. I have a lot to be thankful for.