I’ve mentioned before that I’m a total book nerd. I love to read, and I believe that a great afternoon is one that’s spent in a used book store. I am always in the middle of a book, sometimes more, and I am always hunting for my next favorite novel.
So I thought I’d share a few of my favorite books. You need to read these:
- The Harry Potter Series – Who hasn’t read this?! You have to read this. The movies don’t count. I mean, only watching the movies mean you miss out on massive story lines and awesome characters. Suck it up and read the book. You won’t be sorry.
- The Hunger Games – Again, so many people say they are a fan of the series when they’ve only seen the movies. These books have so much more to offer. And you can still picture Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss if you want. We all know that she’s amazing.
- One Thousand White Women – This historical fiction novel lets you live as an outside turned welcomed citizen of a Native American tribe. You get a close look at their culture, and you learn to love May Dodd, the narrator. Seriously. This book changed my life. You need to read it.
- Water for Elephants – I think this book was made into a movie, but I’m not sure. It’s got a bit of timeline jumping, so you get to look into the future of the main character. But it’s such a moving story. I think I’ve read it three times, and I never get tired of it.
- The Giver- This book is usually required for school children, but some (like me) didn’t get to read it. It’s a great dystopian novel that shows what it would be like if the government controlled everything with advanced technology. If you enjoyed 1984, you’ll like this one too.
- The BFG – This is a kids’ book, but it’s so good. It’s about a little girl that gets taken from her bed in the middle of the night by The Big Friendly Giant. It’s such a fun story. I highly recommend sharing this story with your kids at any age.