I have a massive sweet tooth. Dessert is my favorite meal, even though I know it’s not really healthy for me. I figure that, since I don’t smoke or drink, I deserve at least one vice. And sugar is that vice.
I am the kind of person that only eats my veggies so that I can have dessert when the meal is over. I check the dessert menu at restaurants before I even decide on a main course. Maybe it’s a bad habit, but I don’t care. Life is too short to skip the sweet stuff.
Some of my favorite desserts are:
- Chocolate cake – there is nothing quite as amazing as a super moist, decadent piece of chocolate cake. I really love when it has a creme in the middle, instead of frosting. And if it has chocolate shavings on the outside, I’m in love. Chocolate cake is my absolute favorite.
- Chocolate bars – I love solid chocolate, almost as much as chocolate cake. I prefer milk over dark chocolate, and I love when it has caramel or pralines inside. If it’s just plain, I’ll sometimes dip it in peanut butter. Yum!
- Rice Krispie Treats – This is a good treat to have during the holiday season. They taste so amazing when they are freshly made, and you can do so much with them. I like to mix in chocolate chips or to drizzle a little chocolate sauce over the top. It tastes amazing!
- Sugar Cookies – You have to have fresh cookies, though. They don’t taste good if they’re stale. My favorite is when the outer edges are crispy and the middle is super soft. They go great with hot chocolate, too!
- Strawberry Shortcake – I always like to have this for my birthday. In July, the strawberries are always really ripe, and it’s such a refreshing dessert to have on a hot summer day. I like my plain, though. Just a little angel food cake, whipped cream, and sliced strawberries. Anything else just takes away from the dish.