For the most part, my husband and I like to go to privately owned restaurants. We like to believe that they have better quality food, and ethnic cuisine is much more authentic. However, there are a few chains that I like to visit.
- Olive Garden – What can I say? I love the breadsticks! That, and they have some really great salad dressing. I don’t go there for a huge dinner, but I will get the all-you-can eat soup and salad. It’s tasty and filling, and I get all the bread I want. Love it!
- Red Lobster – My husband and I are pretty big seafood fans. And, while this place has nothing on the restaurants on the coast, we do like to visit every once in awhile. Plus, they have really good bread, too!
- Chili’s – We laughed because, when we moved to Colorado, we googled reviews on Mexican food, and Chili’s was in the number one spot. We knew then that good Mexican food was going to be pretty hard to come by in this town. However, we do like to go there for the drinks and for the appetizers. They have awesome sliders, and their southwestern egg rolls are so amazing.
- Applebee’s – We like this place mostly for the bar. The happy hour they have is pretty awesomely priced, and it’s a fun place to hang out with friends. We really like the wonton tacos, too. They have such an interesting flavor, and my husband can easily eat two plates of them on his own.
- Red Robin – Yum! Haha, sorry. I couldn’t help myself. I love the burgers they have there, and the fact that they offer unlimited fries is pretty awesome. If I start dipping the fries in ranch dressing, I feel like I’m never going to stop. They are super yummy. And they have a Mile High Mud Pie that is seriously huge. We used to go in huge groups and share a single piece between like 8 of us. It’s really tasty!