My mom once told me about this idea that, to make yourself feel happier in your everyday life, you should take the time to list five things, every single day, that you’re thankful for. You don’t have to write it if you don’t want to, but you should at least take the time to think through it. I think she got it from Oprah or something, but it’s a good concept. Taking the time to list what you’re grateful for will force you to look at all the good things in your life, as opposed to just always thinking about the negative things.
So here’s my list for today:
- I am grateful for my daughter. She is absolutely amazing, and she is the best thing that ever happened to me. She may try my patience from time to time, and she definitely makes sure that I’m always busy, but I love her so much, and I wouldn’t trade her for anything in the world.
- I am grateful for my husband. He is such a hard worker, which always amazes me. Our relationship can be difficult sometimes, especially with the distance from our family and the long hours he has to put in at the hospital, but he does it for his family. He wants us to be safe and happy, and he makes it possible for me to stay home with our daughter. I love him so much.
- I am grateful for caffeine. This may seem silly, but it’s true. Without it, I don’t think I could keep up with my daughter, as well, and I like that I am able to have the energy to spend quality time with her.
- I am grateful for online writing jobs. They allow me to use my talents to provide a little extra income for my family. I never thought I could legitimately earn income from home, and I am thankful for the opportunity.
- I am grateful for my mom. She may not be the most dependable, but she tries really hard to make her children happy. Plus, she is always so good to my daughter. I couldn’t ask for anything more than that.