If you love beancurd as much as I do, here is one easy recipe that gives you brilliant multi-colored vegetable mixed with tomato sauce.
As you may already know, beancurd is locally known as tofu in Chinese or tauhu in Malay language.
Benacurd is a healthy ingredient which I always add them into my daily soups, mixed vegetables and stir fry meats.
My mom always say that eating beancurd makes your skin smooth and supple which I believed her words are true as I do consumed lots of beancurd when I was pregnant with my first and second child. They had beautiful, fair skins which are soft to touch.
Back to the recipe.
Coincidentally, I have a bag of mixed vegetables ( a mixture of green peas, corns and carrots ) in the freezer.
Hence, I need not have to chop up fresh carrots or get a can of green peas which have saved me lots of work.
You could use soft tofu or the white block tofu for this braised tofu recipe.
However, I preferred soft tofu as it is easier to eat and easier to digest compare to the block tofu. Anyway, it is much cheaper as it comes in a tub that cost me $0.99 cents !
Here is the recipe I would like to share with you:
Prepare time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ready to serve time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 persons
Ingredients to prepare:
- 1 medium tomato-deseeded
- 1 tub soft tofu- cut into large cubes
- 1 .5 rice bowl of mixed vegetables
- 2 cloves garlic- chopped
- 1 tbs tomato sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1tsp oyster sauce
- ½ cup water
Method to cook:
- Arrange cubes of soft tofu onto a shallow plate and steam together with your white rice in the rice cooker.
- Cut tomato into cubes
- Add in 1 tbs of oil into wok. Heat up.
- Fry chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in mixed vegetables. Stir fry.
- Add in cubes of tomato and add in seasoning.
- Allow the vegetables to simmer until cooked.
- If the sauce is almost dries up, add a little more water.
- Remove steam tofu from the rice cooker.
- Pour mixed vegetables with tomato sauce onto the soft tofu.
- Serve hot with white rice.
A great low cholesterol recipe for the whole family. Have a happy meal.
Do you have any ideas how to cook tofu?
Do share with me your opinions. I would love to hear from you.
copyright all rights reserved by peachpurple