Kung Pao Fish Fillet is one of Chinese well known fish recipes that you can find in restaurants’ menu list.
The original Kung Pao Fish Fillet sauce uses lots of ingredients but I would rather take a short cut by using Lee Kum Kee Kung Pao sauce to cut down the chase.
The secret to making real Kung Pao sauce is the Sichuan peppercorns, one ingredients that I could not find in the supermarket.
Lee Kum Kee has a wide variation of sauces available in the market
but not all of them are my favorite.
I would rather stick to this Kung Pao sauce.
Anyway, it was super easy to cook, just marinade the cut chicken into Kung Pao sauce for 10-15 minutes and stir fry like a professional within 20 minutes.
Fish Fillet with Kung Pao Sauce
# 3 pieces fish fillets
# 2 cloves garlic-chopped
# ½ red bell pepper, cut into strips
# ½ green bell pepper , cut into strips
# corn starch
# 2 tbps Kung Pao sauce ( Spicy Chilli Sauce )
# ½ tbsp oyster sauce
# 1 tsp sesame oil
# ½ tsp corn starch
# 1 tbsp Kung pao sauce
Method to cook:
- Marinate fish fillets with marinade ingredients for 15 min
- Coat fish fillet with corn starch, both sides and deep fry until both
sides burn brown and crispy.
- Remove from heat, set aside.
- Heat up 1 tbps oil, sauté green and red bell pepper with chopped
- Add in remainder Kung Pao sauce and some water.
- Allow to simmer.
- Pour in the fried fish fillet, making sure all fillets are well coated. Dish up.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.
If you don’t like fish, you could add in chicken fillets, baby squids or
This fish recipe goes well with white rice!!
Do you spicy fish recipes?
Have you tried Kung Pao recipes?
Do share with me your recipes. I would love to learn from yours.
copyright allrights reserved by peachpurple
photos by peachpurple