Okay, so I missed a couple of days so this one is going to be a list catch up.
Its probably for the best. I’m not sure I could do 300 words on any of these subjects.
I’m writing these lists from prompts from Listers Gotta List. All images in this post are posters or wall art from amazon. Click the image to purchase it if you wish.
Ways I Treat Myself
- I do “Hot Bath Therapy” almost ever night. This consists of taking a bath as hot as I can stand it, with a cup of coffee and I good book. I stay in there until my water turns cold. Sometimes I turn the water back on and end up staing in there until I run out of hot water completely.
- I buy myself a book. Or a magazine. My most recent splurge was the current copy of Artful Blogging magazine. I love it. It is full of the most beautiful photography, and sometimes an inspiring word or two. I also love to get my hands on new books by my favorite authors
- I completely veg out in front of a video game. Being a mom of two I’m pretty much always on the go after my kids, or letting them have reign of the game systems. But sometimes I let myself have the guilty pleasure of playing a couple of hours of video games.
- Sleep. Sleep is such a treat for me. I have to get up multiple times a night with my youngest son. Then I have to get up early to get the oldest one to school, even on my days off. On the rare times I have a day off when my husband is also off, I treat myself by sleeping as late as I can that morning, playing catch up on week and weeks of not having enough sleep.
My Favorite Flowers
- The lantana bush I have growing in my back yard. It was rooted off of one of my dad’s bushes. It is, in a way, a part of him. I’ll be very, very, very sad if something happens to it and it dies.
- Petunias. I love petunia flowers, and they are one of the flowers I try to grow every summer, but manage to kill. I had some once that were red with white stripes. They were beautiful.
- The red spider lillys.
- Bright yellow daffodills.
Those two both sprang up of their own accord in my dad’s yard every year. They meant spring had sprung. I miss those flowers.
Positive Things I Say to Myself
Nothing. I say nothing positive to myself. I am my own worst enemy.
There, I’ve caught up.
If you do any of these three prompts on your blog I’d love to see your answers. Feel free to drop a comment to let me know you’ve done it.