Exercise and the demands of daily life can be damaging to your joints. Running, bending, jumping, crawling, sitting…all these activities can damage your joints later in life, which is why it’s important to take care of your joints NOW rather than later!
A clinical study was formed of 100 volunteers who had OA (osteroarthritis) , and the results are phenomenal!!
According to exloresupplements.com, Osteoarthritis (OA) is known as degenerative arthritis or degenerative joint disease and represents a group of mechanical abnormalities involving the degradation of joints, including the cartilage that grows at the ends of bones as well as the erosion of bone immediately under the cartilage.
The loss of cartilage can be painful and cause stiffness in joints that make it hard for people with OA to move and do social activities. Millions of elderly people are affected by this! Poor lifestyle choices and poor diet choices are the major causes of OA, sometimes its heredity.
Effective treatments for this painful condition are few and far between, and basically involve the use of high doses of pain-relieving drugs, which cause even more damage to your body, corticosteroid treatment, or, if a suitable medical infrastructure exists, surgical procedures are recommended..and we all know that’s never easy nor cheap! Generally nutritional supplementation is not effective; however, the incredible curcumin has been shown to be an exception to the rule.
As joints are destroyed, inflammation increases dramatically.
The study briefly mentioned previously, measured the safety and effectiveness of taking a Curcumin supplement for 8 months here are the results, according to exploresupplements.com:
- Pain was reduced in the curcumin group by 2.3-fold
- Stiffness was lowered by 2.3-fold
- The ability to do physical functions was improved by 2.5 times
- Strongly significant improvements in social and emotional functions and general well-being were observed in the curcumin group
- The treadmill test indicated that individuals in the curcumin group improved by 3.9 times in physical performance compared to the control group
- The amount of inflammatory protein markers in the blood of the curcumin-treatment group decreased significantly compared to the control group, suggesting that curcumin can regulate in a beneficial manner the activity of all the major inflammatory components involved in OA, and
- Curcumin treatment reduced the use of pain-killing drugs (NSAIDS, acetaminophen, celecoxib) by 63%.
In conclusion, the study proved that a low dose of curcurmin improved the flexibility of joints in the curcurmin controlled patients and greatly improve their quality of life. There was also no signs of toxicity from the curcumin group. OA is a chronic disease, therefore it is possible to continue a regimen of curcumin daily.
Curcumin can also be used as a detox supplement.
Interested in learning more on this amazing supplement? Click here