I have always loved rice pudding. It is so versatile and delicious! I think I have made it 20 different ways from plain to chocolate. However, as many flavors as I have made it, I think I like cinnamon raisin the best. That is why I chose this flavor to show you how to make it two different ways.
Rice pudding is easy to make on the stove top, but it takes close watching. You can’t really do anything else while making it, which is why I have also included a recipe to make rice pudding in a crock pot. Nothing is easier than this, you just toss in the ingredients come back later and it’s all done! I also included apples in the crock pot recipe, but they are optional. I recommend you try them, they are really delicious with the cinnamon and raisins.
Cinnamon Rice Pudding – Stove Top
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup white rice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Combine the milk, rice, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Turn the head down to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and tender
- Add the sugar and ground cinnamon and cook until the pudding thickens, about 10 minutes
- Remove from heat, add the vanilla and stir to combine
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Serve hot or refrigerate if you prefer it cold
Cinnamon Rice Pudding – Crock Pot
- 1 cup white rice
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled and diced (optional)
- Spray the interior of the crock pot with cooking spray
- Place the ingredients in the crock pot and stir
- Put the lid on the crock pot and set timer for 2 hours
- After two hours check the rice to see if all the liquid has been absorbed, if not, cook until it has been
- When the liquid has been absorbed, turn heat off and let it rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve in bowls sprinkled with cinnamon
I usually serve my rice putting with whipped cream, but it is not really necessary. If I make the pudding with fruit, you can always decorate the top with sliced fresh fruit.