Homemade McD Chicken Nuggets
By peachpurple • October 12, 2015 • Chicken
Are you a great fan of McDonalds?
Me and my kid loved McD nuggets so much that we dine at McD quite often.
I do not know how much are these chicken nuggets calories but they do taste a little salty but crispy.
Have you heard any rumors that these nuggets are made from dead chickens, not the freshly slaughter chickens? Come to think of it, most ready-made chicken products aren’t fresh either because these products are manufactured in food factories or GOD knows what they had added into the frozen food.
Consumers don’t even know which chicken parts are being used and what are the seasonings included into the ready-made nuggets.
I wanted to create my own homemade chicken nuggets, the healthier type for my kids without altering the original taste.
These healthy chicken nuggets are super easy to prepare, you could even keep the chicken and batter into the freezer for a couple of days before you intend to fry them again for your kids’ happy meal.
The best chicken part I would recommend is the chicken thighs, chicken keels or chicken breasts because they contain the juiciest tender meats and fewer bones to remove.
So, why wait?
Give it a try. Learn how to make these easy homemade chicken nuggets for your kids.
Spoil them just this once.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Ready to serve time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: The whole family
Ingredients Need to Prepare:
- 450g-500g chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- • 1 tsp sugar
- • ½ tsp chicken stock granules
- • ½ tsp sesame oil
- • A few dash of pepper
- • 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
Flour mixture- combined:
- 50gm SR flour
- • 15g rice crispies, finely crushed
- • A little salt and pepper
- • ½ tsp paprika or chilli powder
- • 2 egg whites-beaten
- • 120g fresh white breadcrumbs from a day old bread
Method of making homemade chicken nuggets:
- Cut chicken into 2.5cm cubes.
- Marinate with seasoning ingredients and let them set for 30 minutes
- Coat the chicken pieces with the combined flour mixture.
- Then, dip each piece in the beaten egg whites.
- Coat with bread crumbs.
- Place on a tray and chill in the fridge for 1 hour,
- Heat oil for deep frying in an electric fryer or deep saucepan or wok at 180C.
- Fry chicken in batches for 5 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot with mayonnaise or chilli sauce.
Try this recipe and let me know how it turns out
originally written by peachpurple
photo credits: peachpurple
copyright all rights reserved peachpurple