BBQ Garlic Beef with Mini Potatoes
By peachpurple • September 24, 2015 • Beef
What is for dinner today? Beef!
Knowing how to cook a tender beef steak that doesn’t chew hard like a stack of rubber bands is not an easy task unless you know the secret to tenderize the beef beforehand.
You don’t have to buy expensive branded beef to get the best quality to produce a delicious meal.
Cheap slices of beef is either too tough or bland but I found a few tricks to plant magic into this beef a tasty steak.
- Use a kitchen knife to cut cross the beef muscle fibres in order to break them up.
- Use a meat mallet to pound the beef front and back to tenderize them.
- marinate the beef a night before cooking time in order to allow the seasoning to absorb into the beef. Flavorful and tasty.
- Roast beef slowly under low heat or low temperature of the oven.
Recipe for BBQ Garlic Beef with Mini Potatoes
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4oz (120g) mini potatoes, peeled
- 1 lb ( 480g ) beef fillet, washed, pat dry
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tbsp black pepper, powder
- salt to taste
How to cook Garlic BBQ Beef with Mini Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 220C/ 400F. Put the olive oil on baking tray and heat up in oven.
- Use a knife to make criss cross marks on the peeled mini potatoes. However, make sure they are not cut right through.
- Make some incisions on the beef and insert the slices of garlic into them. Sprinkle black pepper powder over the beef and season with salt.
- Place the seasoned beef on the roasting pan. In addition, place the mini potatoes beside the beef.
- Roast them in oven for 20 minutes. Turn over the uncooked side of the beef and potatoes, continue to roast them.
- Keep flipping them over and over again to make sure the beef and potatoes are well cooked. It might take approximately 30-45 to cook thoroughly.
- carve the beef into thin slices before serving. Place one mini roasted potato and boiled snowpeas / broccoli, cauliflower for each plate.