Writers’ Accountability

DAILY ACCOUNTABILITY: Thursday, April 28th

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

What are you up to today? Please share your goals, struggles and successes here!

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

KYLA MATTON OSBORNE (@RUBY3881) – Thursday, April 28th

Yesterday’s reading & promoting spree paid off in visitor referrals for me. I got 24/25 I was allowed, so I’m going to keep it up today. And that is, really, my main goal. I might try to update a bit and produce some Pinterest graphics for the older posts. But the main focus will be on content promotion and networking.

I need fresh content on my blogs, so I am going to do at least one post today. It looks like it will probably end up being one serious post per blog, per week. And I’ll try to get some migrated content in there too.

Today I’ll likely migrate one recipe, and write a post for my writing blog. But I also want to do something for my Canada blog, as my daughter interviewed the Prime Minister yesterday! I may just post a short aside, once I’ve reached my daily limit. I don’t feel guilty about writing something a bit more short & chatty, if I’m not getting the 50 points for it 😉

Lee Ka
        Participant

I like the idea of content promotion and networking, I just started to work towards that as well.

It’s good to produce some graphics for our posts, I realized it when I needed to pin my posts. I will need to spend time for doing that as well.

Hope you’ll get what you want done today! 🙂

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

I ended up spending a lot more time than expected on the post, and then did a whole ton of promotion. I’ve been Tweeting a lot, and interacting on Facebook and Twitter today 🙂

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

Well, my points added up very quickly today between the comments on my blogs and visitor referrals. In fact, they added up so fast that by the time I came to publish my post I was already over 50 points.

The post is about my youngest daughter meeting the Prime Minister of Canada via Skype yesterday. She was allowed to ask him two questions as part of her class interview. I wrote about one of them in the post (“Inspiring Teacher Boosts Awareness with Tech.”)

The rest of the day I spent outside BlogJob, for the most part. Other than returning to read a few blog posts here, I mostly interacted with folks who blog elsewhere.

Nana
      Participant

Today I will get my limit

Lee Ka
      Participant

After reading Sheridan’s reply in the forum about Daily Limit Change, I understand better the direction of BlogJob. We are here not only to blog, but also to promote the blogs here.

So, instead of keep waiting until I am free, I decided to spend some time to set up my social share buttons, and start sharing my posts, and others’ posts as well. I just learned how to do that from @pinayblooger and knew that we actually earn points from doing so too.

Besides that, I’ll continue to interact, and write a post about BlogJob so I can recommend this site to my friends as well.

Lee Ka
        Participant

I am glad I have reached my daily limit and goals today too.

1) I have written a blog post about BlogJob – BlogJob = Free Webmaster Course?
        This came to my mind as I read in the forums and from my friends today. I have started to learn quite a lot about webmaster’s knowledge here.

2) I have set up the social buttons and permanent links, started to share my posts as well. I am glad I have been motivated to do this by the members here, and I have earned points for referring visitors as well. 🙂

3) I also interacted with others, and learned a lot from them too.

It’s a productive day in BlogJob for me! 😀

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

It seems like you’ve done a lot to help maximize your traffic and earnings from visitor referrals. Good for you!

I’m off to read your post 🙂

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

Great post, @kaka135! I shared it on my FB fan page, as an example for other writers to follow 🙂

cmoneyspinner
      Participant

@kaka135 ~ I just noticed my daily points limit had changed. Figured there was a good reason for it. No biggie. I rarely ever accumulated the daily points when it was 150. For some reason, the 100 points limit seems more achievable for me. Feel like pressure has been lifted. Although it’s not like anybody was on my back all day cracking a whip! 🙂

nerdieeds
      Participant

April 28th

I visited more than 10 people yesterday. Earned 53 points from commenting and referral visits. I only posted 1 blog post. Just earned 103 points. Not that productive unlike before.

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

That’s the trade-off, I guess. It’s easier to reach 100 points, but it becomes too routine and not enough of a challenge. And such a low point ceiling makes people feel they aren’t getting anywhere.

Lee Ka
      Participant

May I know your username in mylot? I am there as well.

Challenges sound fun and interesting to do, hope you’ll get that soon! 🙂

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

Barb, her class had a video conference with him yesterday. She was able to ask two questions, one of which was about his personal experience as a teacher. The other question is what I wrote about in the post. I’m going to share the link in my day’s account here 🙂

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

If you ever find you need to make a little cash quickly on MyLot, try to respond to discussions that have no reply, or those from new users. The algo pays you more for that 🙂

Haraka
      Participant

Very nice and informative info..
      Thanks for sharing 🙂

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

I’ll have to go read your xeriscaping post, Barb. I think I saw it posted in one of the FB groups 🙂

Lee Ka
      Participant

@ruby3881 I didn’t know mylot pays more for no reply or new users. Perhaps it’s a good way to encourage the new users. 🙂

May I know your username in mylot too? I’d like to connect with you there too. I am sure I will enjoy reading your discussions too.

@barbrad I have found you! 🙂
      I think you did quite well in one day. You shall be able to cash out very soon.

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

We all have our days, Barb! You’re a great writer. Don’t beat yourself up….

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

I’m @ruby3881 there too 🙂

cmoneyspinner
      Participant

I can’t believe I’m so stupid. I remember the discussion myLot Admin initiated about encouraging New Users. Read it and forgot it! 🙂 MyLot has been keeping me busy just the same. But I’ll have to remind myself next time I sign in to visit some New Users. I remember when I wrote my 1st discussion there. It was nice to receive so many welcome comments. 🙂

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

LOL Treathyl, I think it was actually you who shared the discussion in which I’d learned this!

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

I wonder if the payouts will be as fast this month as they were last month?

I’m hoping to hit $10, just to show myself I can. But I’ve been busy here and neglecting MyLot a fair bit this week. Not sure whether I’ll make it….

cmoneyspinner
      Participant

We criss cross so much. We are starting to read each others’ thoughts. 🙂

cmoneyspinner
      Participant

I have never hit $10 in a monthly period. I have had to accumulate over a period of time. If they had not offered that $1 cashout for the 2 months, I may not have been paid for at least another 3 months. But if I spent most of my time at myLot, I could probably earn faster. But that site is not my only home business project. BlogJob is another and I think it’s worth putting effort into my activity here as well.

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

I find that I can earn faster on MyLot if I answer newbie posts and posts with no reply. It helps! I’m hoping this month I’ll have $10 by midnight, just to see if I can. I am only a few cents short right now.

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

@cmoneyspinner I think we are, indeed!

cmoneyspinner
      Participant

Well if it’s working for you, guess I had better tweak my myLotting strategy. Honestly though, I don’t care too much for those posts with No Response. But it should be very easy to encourage newbies and make them feel at home. Thanks for the tips. 🙂

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

Here’s the trick, Treathyl: go to that page during a busy time period, and refresh it often. You can usually catch discussions from people you’d normally follow and enjoy reading, just after they publish!

Lee Ka
      Participant

I found you! 🙂
      I think you are doing really well if you can hit $10 per month. I enjoy spending my time in mylot, but I am always busy catching up with my notifications, and haven’t really explore the rest yet.
      Perhaps I should also spend some time with the new users. 🙂

cmoneyspinner
      Participant

I tried it today. You are so right. Neat trick!! 🙂

cmoneyspinner
      Participant

It worked. But I haven’t been signed in for a few days because I’m been busy with my other blogs. So I don’t know. I don’t even think about it. Whenever I get a message from PayPal that money has been deposited, I just shout! 🙂

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

Glad it worked! Has GoAskAlice announced the payment threshold for may yet?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.