Writers’ Accountability

DAILY ACCOUNTABILITY: Monday, May 2nd

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

Share your goals for Monday here. When you check in to give your update, feel free to link to any posts you’ve published for the day.

DW Davis
      Participant

My writing goals for Monday 5/2 are to get to make up my mind which of two works-in-progress I’m going to concentrate on for publication before the year is out, to write at least one post for my sites here on BlogJob, and to read and share posts of at least 3 others.

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

Those goals sound very realistic 🙂

I had been reading and sharing the posts of roughly 10-12 people each day, but this week I’ve decided to focus on a smaller number each day so I can share and comment on more of each person’s posts. The goal is to reduce bounce rate for us all.

Lee Ka
        Participant

@dwdavis Your goal sounds good. Since I started to learn how to share in social media sites, it makes me more interested to learn more, read more and share other posts as well.
        I think I’ll set my goal as reading & sharing 3 posts per day too, as I am still learning how to work with these social media sites.

Jackalyn
      Participant

Last week, after all my good intentions I did not write another word.

I did get asked by yet another person if I would write something for free. I probably will, but I have got to stop doing this sort of thing.

I am supposed to make some kind of living from my writing.

Wait!I did write one other thing. I wrote a bill for a job I did for another person for some childminding.

This person has regularly underpaid me on the basis we are friends. I told her I will no longer go below minimum wage.

She has not yet paid me. She promised to do so twice this week. I know she will, but I wonder if she will ask so often.

Right. Today I am writing all day. There is no excuse.

What I am still trying to figure out is where the time went last week.

Oh wait!I DID write several pieces on Facebook.

These were relevant to Facebook. Then my mentor wanted me to write about Olive Tree. I did that.

I so need a writing mentor as well as an editor.

We all do.

In a perfect world where the money was available to pay people I would have:

An office with a working printer and someone to dictate to.

A mentor
      An editor
      A person to design book covers
      A publisher.

There has to be a way to overcome and self publish!

Excuses, excuses.

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

Oh, I would have many of these as well! I wonder if that perfect world is hiding somewhere, just waiting to be discovered?

IcyBC
      Participant

I need to decide what I want to write for Monday, and I need to set up some draft posts as I will be busy running around with errands.

My goal for the week is to have three draft posts ready. Finding inspiration is easier than finding free time 🙂

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

It’s great to see folks planning ahead for later in the week! If you can have a few evergreen posts sitting in drafts, it can help a bunch in case you run out of time and really want to publish that day.

Lee Ka
        Participant

@icyfirefly It’s really a good idea to write some draft posts first. I think I should do that, especially when I am giving birth soon, hopefully I can still sneak into the computer and publish some posts. 😀

I agree with you, finding free time is quite challenging to us. 🙂

Diya
      Participant

No special goal for today.

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

My goal for today is to publish one blog here (already done – “How to Help Friends Lower Their Bounce Rate“) and to get the guest post sent off to the blog owner.

Besides that, I want to spend some time catching up on my Facebook groups and interacting here. Usually there’s a good overlap, because several BlogJobbers belong to FB writing groups I use for content promotion and support.

If I have extra time, I think I’ll try to clean up some contact lists on FB. I did a bit of a spring clean on my Pinterest over the weekend, mostly removing boards I’d dedicated to now defunct web sites. Now I’m just trying to get things today elsewhere. G+ is next after FB!

I wanted to share an example of a Pinterest image I did for today’s post, in case others want to try something similar. It’s just a Pixabay photo that I resized and flipped, with a little text added. I use the free photo editor GIMP to make these graphics.

Lower bounce rate equals better Google placement. Stick around to read a few pages! | Kyla Matton Osborne (Image adapted from a pic by Karolina Grabowska aka kaboompics/Pixabay/CC0 1.0)

Lee Ka
        Participant

@ruby3881 I always like your idea of creating a template, and using it for your posts.

How do we add the attribution if you have modified the image? Say in this case, you used a picture from pixabay and added your own words. Lately I always used a picture from pixabay, and added my words with Paint.

Super Spy
      Participant

I’m going to see if I have the energy to write a synopsis and cover letter for a manuscript I have been sitting on. I have a draft, but I think I will start again and then see how close they are.

Lee Ka
      Participant

My goals for today:

1) Write a post in My Online Adventure, about how to add our referral code manually when sharing the posts. It took me some time to figure this out, so I’m thinking it might be good for me to just write a simple tutorial on this.

2) Continue to explore Twitter, Pinterest and Google+, and also read and share friends’ posts there, at least 3 posts for today.

3) Interact with friends and also learn from Groups & Forums.

Besides BlogJob, I am planning to complete a module in my software project. I am half way done by now.

Lee Ka
        Participant

1) I just realized it’s screen-free week, so I wrote a post about Screen-Free week instead.

2) I did read a few blog posts today, but didn’t explore much in the social media sites yet.

I completed one of my modules in my software project, which made me very happy. 😀

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Lee Ka.

Haraka
      Participant

Stumble is good options, @morgoodie , but at first it took soome time for me to understand on how things work in there. It has similar system with Pinterest 🙂

Super Spy
      Participant

Yes the site was down yesterday, and it did alter some settings on my blogs. I had to reconnect jetpack to both my sites this morning and my twitter account.

Lee Ka
      Participant

@superspy I do encounter the site down (maintenance mode) for some time these few days, but I haven’t notice the changes to my blog yet. Perhaps Sheridan is working on the site and caused that issue. Hope he’ll be able to sort it out soon. 🙂

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

@superspy Are the fonts on the site displaying oddly for you since this change? I am seeing everything in bold italics here, right now….

Super Spy
      Participant

My fonts seem fine, but the update often makes things reset for certain themes and plugins. I think people should just be aware of this , because I would have posted expecting the post to automatically be on on social media if I hadn’t noticed jetpack had been deactivated.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.