Soup Kitchen

What is your favorite canned soup?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  DW Davis 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Danielle Bray
    Participant

I’m not too big on canned soup nowadays, especially if it’s “healthy” versions that lack flavor. I mostly prefer home cooked soups, especially my dad’s chicken noodle and Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana. However, I love, love, love Progresso’s Vegetable Classics Hearty Tomato soup. It’s a nice alternative to the kid-friendly Campbell’s soup because it has herbs and chunks of tomato in it. So what is your favorite canned soup?

Super Spy
    Participant

In the UK we have Baxters which is a well renowned brand which has a Royal Warrant from the Queen (it’s like an endorsement) and they are a little more expensive but good.

I do find in the US canned soup has too many artificial ingredients, and I only ever had Amy’s or some sweetcorn chowder from Panera which was my favorite.

Kyla Matton Osborne
    Participant

I try to stay away from canned soup unless it’s a creamed soup used as a fast ingredient for some other dish. The only thing we ever buy canned, just for eating as is, would be clam chowder.

DW Davis
    Participant

I also prefer homemade soups. My wife makes several wonderful soups. But I do like Progresso Soup’s Chicken Enchilada Soup. It is very tasty and goes well with tortilla chips crunched up in it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.