Short Tales Society

What is your style & Genre of writing?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Nathaniel Hammel
      Participant

Are you a very discriptive, bold, and deeply put together writer?

Do you freestyle you way through the pages?

Is your writing scary or funny, maybe even both.

Tell us how you write 🙂

A Writer's Way

rextrulove

I usually write science fiction or science fantasy when I write short stories. Even when I don’t, though, I like to have a message that will linger long after the story is forgotten. All three of my published novels are also science fantasy, though none left a single message.

Nathaniel Hammel
        Participant

Have any you would like to share!

rextrulove

Though I have quite a few short stories, none of them are short enough to post on the forum. I’ve never tried flash fiction. Given time, I might set up a blog for my short stories, though.

Nathaniel Hammel
        Participant

That is OK. IF you have links you would like to share with us so we can respond with positivity and feed back, or just to spread yourself, please share them 🙂

Anja Poulsen
      Participant

I write when I am forced to do so. Either someone gives me an impossible subject to write about and I am compelled to write because I must do the impossible, or I write when I am overwhelmed with emotion that must released.

Or sometimes, I just write for money.

I write what is required, unless I write for myself.

I used to write poetry, but I think the internet has beaten it out of me.

Nathaniel Hammel
        Participant

You sound like a wonderful writer! Do you like to write with others?

Anja Poulsen
        Participant

@Nathaniel Hammel Many years ago, in the heady, early days of the blogosphere, I was part of a loose circle of writers who kept blogs and wrote as the inspiration struck. I found that by having this connection to others – getting their feedback, reading their writings – sparked a kind of creative energy. It was self-perpetuating. Now, everything is different and blogs are not what they once were. So I write here, not really expecting anything other than my 50 points.

Nathaniel Hammel
        Participant

So very true. It is even harder to earn these days, but for the most part I write for me, and I love Interactive story telling. I love to read, and am a publisher http://www.rhpinc.us if interested in looking at my site lol 🙂

I do love the point system here on blogjob, and other site I love like https://tsu.co/twunders.

I hope you continue to have fun, and I do love your responsiveness here, keep it up. and I look forward to seeing some of your creativity! 🙂

dawnwriter
      Participant

I love writing short stories but I am not good at writing poetry. I am also quite good at writing articles on parenting, self help, home improvement etc.

Nathaniel Hammel
        Participant

Very good genres to write about, have anything you’d like to share?

dawnwriter
      Participant

I have written a lot of short stories for a local magazine. Now I am trying to collect them my own blog. These two are my favourite:

https://dawnwriters.blogspot.com/2015/04/i-am-not-coward.html

https://dawnwriters.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-worth-of-education.html

I don’t know how good they are but I would love feedback from other people. Thanks!.

Nathaniel Hammel
        Participant

That is perfect! Thanks for sharing! Makes a good start to this group! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.