Fashion Friends

High-waisted skirts and shorts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

A. E. Rutherford
      Participant

As much as I appreciate the new high-waisted style because it promotes covering more skin, it gets a bit frustrating when I want a regular, low-waisted skirt. High-waisted requires either a crop-top (which on most people is not flattering at all) or to tuck in their shirt. But I don’t like either of these options. I just want a low-waisted skirt with a stretchy waistband that’s flowy and covers my butt (even when I bend over). Is that too much to ask for?

What are other people’s thoughts?

heyimneise
      Participant

I quite like high waisted skirts. I think they are great for the no so confident people like me who like to cover a few bulges. I do get what you’re saying though.

The day I find a skirt that I can comfortably bend down in will be the day I succeed in life.

A. E. Rutherford
        Participant

Amen to that last part… They’re all so short nowadays. Although I like showing some leg, I really don’t want to show any ass as well.

ani
      Participant

I’m a petite (5’2) plus size gal who is built a lil funky. Growing up in the 90s where pants went from bellybutton level to low risers I found it hard to find anything flattering on my frame. I ended up wearing a lot of blouses that had an empire waist, so I welcome the high waisted trend. I’ve been looking for an affordable high waisted swim suit bottom and still haven’t found one that doesn’t cost $50 🙁

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.