Arts and Crafts

Introductions

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

ani
      Participant

Hi, welcome to the group. I’m Anielle and I never lost my love or my knack for being crafty. I make jewelry, paint, sketch, and love diy projects (no one wants to sift through all of my pins on pinterest lol).

Primarily I work with wire and beads, started playing with the rainbow loom craze, scrapbook, and every now and then I like to make mini sketchbooks/journals.

kcazenav
      Participant

Hi Anielle! Thanks for creating this group! My primary craft is knitting but I have also made some jewelry and I like to draw and paint(but I’m not very good at those two haha). Scrapbooking is something I have been trying to get into but I haven’t really had the time! I want to make a scrapbook for each of my years of college but I just finished my senior year in May and haven’t even made the freshman year scrapbook yet 😛 Hopefully one day I will! I look forward to seeing the types of things people post in this group!

ani
      Participant

Welcome to the group! knitting is something I’ve attempted but just cant get the hang of lol. I’ve also dabbled with crochet but my inability to keep track of counting has made me unravel too many rows of stitches XD.

I haven’t gotten around to my scrapbooking just yet but will soon I’m going to take all of the post cards that my grandmother, my mom, and myself have collected so far and put them into a scrapbook, I just need to buy those little corner pieces so I can remove postcards when need be and not damage them.

kcazenav
      Participant

That’s an awesome idea!

And crocheting is a different story haha. I crochet borders on some of my knitting projects but that’s about as far as my crocheting goes 😛 I tried a crochet project before and it kept turning! So I ended up completing the circle and then I made a flower out of it! I used knitting to make the stem and the center of the flower haha.

ani
      Participant

well that’s an ideas 🙂 take some of those flowers and attach them to a bedspread would be cute for a girl’s room 🙂

My friend Andi gave up on trying to teach me to knit but my other friend Lizzie who’s helping me to crochet is still holding out hope that one day I’ll remember I put 20 sitches, turn and make another 20 instead of making only 17 XD lol my first piece I made a triangle.

kcazenav
      Participant

Haha yeah counting isn’t my strong suit which is probably my problem with crocheting!
      I was thinking about knitting a pillow case and sewing the flower on to that but I have to find the flower first 😛 It was a while ago that I made it.

Emily Hargrove
      Participant

@kcazenav: There are all kinds of tricks to make sure you don’t lost count of your stitches or rows. For short numbers, it’s easy to just go back and count the stitches across the rows… for long numbers, you can use stitch markers, or you can make tally marks on a piece of paper. I always keep a pen nearby, and if I’m making a starting chain or counting a really high number, I’ll make the tally marks on my hand. You can always tell when I’ve started a new project because my hand will be marked all over lol.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.