Arts and Crafts

Current Project(s)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

ani
      Participant

Currently I’m experimenting with making wire keys. In the last couple of years one of my more popular items were wire wrapped vintage keys, but those keys can get expensive, so I wanted to create an affordable alternative. One of my Deviant Art friends created some beautiful woven wire keys, so the original idea I got from her, but I can’t weave wire so I thought I might try something more basic; this is what I came up with.

ani
      Participant

I have a shop hosted on a weebly.com site (no fees that way). http://www.ideas-are-brewing.weebly.com

I’ve made several more keys that I’ll be uploading soon to the shop (probably later today). Tomorrow I’m going to hobby lobby to pick up more wire and beads, the limited supply I brought on vacation is nearly gone and I’ve got another month left lol.

My other project that I’ll be getting fabric for this weekend is to take my boyfriend’s old coat from his joker’s costume and widen it with royal blue fabric for his pirate garb for the Renaissance festival.

*weebly charges a fee if you use their store option, I just upload pictures and create buttons with paypal’s merchant services and place them on the site accordingly. By building my site this way I can keep my prices low for my customers instead of upping the price to cover percentage fees.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.