An Awaking Moment

What is your Favorite Poet?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Nathaniel Hammel
      Participant

Show & Tell us who you love as a poet. Who inspires you and your writing/reading?

Simona Abdi
      Participant

My favorite poet was ever and still being nowadays too, Pablo Neruda. I cannot say his writings inspire my writings, but his style is matching with my life ideas and visions.

Nathaniel Hammel
        Participant

Oh nice 🙂 What are your ideas and influence within your writing?

I write a lot of fantasy tales mixed with political views with our real world life and issues.

Pablo Neruda; I will so look into this person. I am glad you find interest in. Is there a specific link you could share for others and I to follow and read some works of his writings?

Simona Abdi
        Participant

Try this one. A lovely poem of Neruda.

I like the way used by him to debate through verses the existential problems of human beings.

My writing is based also on the soul’s issues and the human’s dramas, because although many people don’t want to admit, our life is a continue fight to reach our ideals,and most of the time even this one target is never touched till the end.

Nathaniel Hammel
        Participant

I really love the Vid you posted. Perfect for my mind!

Simona Abdi
        Participant

Do you like Walt Whitman? See below something great.

Nathaniel Hammel
        Participant

Walt Whitman is an excellent person. Thoughtful and committed!

Nathaniel Hammel
      Participant

Mine is e.e. cummings! His work is amazing!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._E._Cummings

e.e. cummings - A Wonder Poet

He just has a way with words, and was the definition of being his own person. Having his own way of writing in a time when freelancing, poor grammar, and punctuation was almost like a war. You couldn’t have your own style.

He stud for this indifference and that’s what inspires me about this man.

Simona Abdi
        Participant

I’ve begun already to read about him, and I want to check something more about his artistic work.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.