Zombie Fiction

Activity Forums Writing Content Zombie Fiction

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

priscillaking
      Participant

I signed a contract to write a zombie story. I don’t like zombie stories. Does anyone else out there like zombie stories? What do youall like in them?

pramalkumarsamanta
      Participant

Zombie stories are large interesting syories.

peachpurple
      Participant

you should play Plant vs Zombie online then you can write the story, my son loves it. He is only 8 yrs old

priscillaking
      Participant

Interesting. How much does it cost and how much damage does it do the computer?

Ever encountered any zombie in real life? I didn’t.

priscillaking
      Participant

That’s one thing that’s put me off the genre. When I think of “the walking dead” I think of certain very sick patients I’ve seen shuffling around in altered states of consciousness, not moving or thinking or acting at all like themselves as I had previously known them. If I’ve spent any time around people in that condition, it’s been because I loved them when they were themselves. My husband was the one who phased in and out of real-world zombie mode a few times while dying of cancer, and one day when he had access to his regular memory but didn’t remember days when he’d been sicker, he used the word “zombie” to describe what he was being told about those days. So there’s been nothing entertaining about the zombie genre.

Under financial pressure, though, I was able to dissociate from the real memory of “zombified” sick patients and think of walking-dead ideas, and write stories where (at least in my mind) the zombies embodied *ideas* that ought to be dead and buried but aren’t.

priscillaking
      Participant

I think I did…at least different enough to get paid for it 🙂 There is something liberating about the idea of writing something that is, by definition, bad.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.