Yolo

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

metsrock69
      Participant

If you would have asked me last year what yolo meant, I would have said Huh? Then I found out what it means. You only live once. I know I am not into todays phrases but Duh!, I should have put 2 and 2 together. treat everyday on earth like it is your last. Enjoy life. Don’t go overboard but have fun. Hey, You only live once.

blueberry
      Participant

Life’s too beautiful to think about the negativities of this world. Let us live our lives the way it should be, and it’s all about being happy!

Kyla Matton Osborne
        Participant

How do you know you’re happy if you always avoid the contrasting negatives? How would you appreciate the dawn if the sky never got dark?

metsrock69
      Participant

That is well said. enjoy life.

simplym
      Participant

I know what you mean! I didn’t know either until I looked it up a few years ago!

MissyWeng
      Participant

A good point! Something I kept saying to some people, around me who feel down.

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

I really don’t like this expression, or the attitude that tends to go along with it. First of all, as a Pagan I don’t accept the doctrine of a single incarnation on earth. So for me saying, “You only live once!” is about the same as saying, “The earth is flat and only 10,000 years old.”

But by far the worse part is the sloppy attitude that goes with the YOLO mentality. It’s not so much that people want to celebrate this beautiful life they’ve been given, but rather that they use the expression to excuse them from anything they don’t want to do.

Have homework and really should stay in on a sunny day because you need to study? Nope! Skip your classes, abandon your homework, and get drunk at the beach. YOLO!

Only have enough money for rent and groceries this month, but there’s a concert you just have to see and you need to get the tickets now? Buy your groceries and the concert ticket, and spend the rest of the rent money on junk food and tour t-shirts. YOLO!

I’m all for appreciating the good things in life, do’t get me wrong. But I think far too often the YOLO mentality is used as an excuse for being plain irresponsible.

Heart
      Participant

YOLO! Enjoy life, but in order to enjoy, we need to work first and set up priorities. It is just like taking a break and smell the roses.So, YOLO 🙂

Nana
      Participant

Wow! I do not know this word, may never use it either

SadieMarie
      Participant

I have heard of it before. I believe it actually started out in Colorado. Quite an interesting saying but in a way true. Though I don’t know if we are only given one life or not. I hope that we can be reincarnated.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.