Writing helped you

Activity Forums General Discussion Writing helped you

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

SadieMarie
      Participant

How has writing helped you?

I have gotten better with spelling & writing. Writing on here has helped me so I can make ends meet.

Pegasus
      Participant

Today more than ever it has helped me in therapeutic ways. Writing has always been a catharsis for me.

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I have gotten some what better at spelling and my grammar.

kendra
      Participant

Oh what a great thing to discuss! Writing has probably benefited me more than I could ever imagine since I’ve used it as my source of relief/release since I was old enough to write. I can’t think of a single hardship that I’ve endured and have not turned to writing to sort out, or just get the thoughts out and somewhere other than my head (where it creates too much turmoil!) It has helped me to discover more about myself even, since I’ve used it so often to put down things that come to mind — and later, I often find things in my writing that explains something about me that I might not have consciously noticed before.

It’s even helped my relationship! lol. During a time when I was struggling horribly through a traumatic event I’d gone through, it was very hard to talk about, so my S/O suggested I use a notebook to write down the thoughts, feelings, etc. and he could read and offer his help, which he did. And as I told him today, although the trauma occurred 8 years ago, he is what got me to face it and deal with it rather than keep trying to deny it happened and not deal. He was like my own personal therapist, and still is! Lol. I swear he has a secret degree in that area. 😉 But yes, writing was like my only way of saying the things I was too fearful to say. Just a couple months ago, I took that notebook (which had to be chock full of horribly negative, disgusting energy) and tore it to hell and took it out to the garbage. To get it out of my life for good. I felt like keeping all that, all those emotions in that book beside my bed was doing me no good anymore & had to be gotten rid of. I felt like I’ve finally really moved past the last stage of the issue, the last stage of healing, so to toss all that out was therapeutic to me. Like I’ve finished the whole process of healing and am done. That’s the feeling I got when I wrote my last bit and threw it all out.

I’m telling you, writing can be better than therapy for some people! 😉

Nana
      Participant

Writing helps me emotionally and I learn to use new words

angie10
      Participant

I simply enjoy writing and have always aspired to become a writer. I love it 🙂

realityspeaks
      Participant

Well, writing has definitely helped a great deal. I am able to pay my monthly bills because of writing.

angie10
        Participant

@realityspeaks I can’t wait to graduate to a place where i can actually earn through my writing 🙂 Well done!

Maricel
      Participant

yes it was a big help for me I am learning through writing.

moondebi
      Participant

It has improved my typing speed.

waflay
      Participant

I’ve been writing for quite sometime and this has made me a better writer with commendable flow of ideas.

Xavier Bage
      Participant

Writing has helped me in many ways. Mainly, it has been a medium for me to express myself to a large number of people.It has earned me some money, though not much to be proud about.

Brooke
      Participant

Writing has helped me gain more experience, knowledge, and income. Writing has also helped me to understand how to have a real freelancing career as well.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

Writing had helped to have an additional earnings and also it helps me to rant what I feel, I consider it as an outlet.

Nana
      Participant

Writing here helps me to live better

Danny
      Participant

my writing is my passion, I just can’t resist it. Monetary, a little bit.

Writing and reading helped me to explore rest of the world.

cgalavia
      Participant

WRITING HAS HELPED ME IN DIFFERENT WAYS AND ONE OF IT IS TO HELP ME EXPRESS MYSELF.

jkct01
      Participant

It helps me to improve my English.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.