Write Till You Drop

Activity Forums Writing Content Write Till You Drop

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author

JohnG
      Participant

I may write not as consistent as other bloggers but when I have this “muse”hovering over my head and started to stroke the keys on the keyboard it will not stop until I finish my work, as simple as that. Sometimes I spend hours revising and editing my article before I even post it, trying to feel it and if there’s something lacking in it I try to “see”it if there’s a way I can polish it or rewrite everything!

Do you write till you drop?

Pamela
      Participant

I don’t write til I drop, but I do make sure that things are as good as I can make them before I post. I will write several articles a day when the muse hits me. I don’t spend much time on each individual post, but when that creative bug hits me, and I have several ideas, I will write about them all in one day instead of saving them for another.

JohnG
      Participant

That will be the case Pamela, writing it on that day and post it is easy for me. Seldom I do write for many days and post a single article. I make it sure that day is enough to write 1 or 2 articles.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

I have some moments like that especially if that specific article is needed to be excellent in English or properly written but I always end up being rejected.

JohnG
      Participant

ouch grecy. i guess try your luck next time…

joseph
      Participant

it depends with how motivated i feel. on such a day i can write till my eyes close with sleep.

Jennifer Peig
      Participant

im not a writer really, so thinking and jotting down topics will be really an effort, but i’ll try to come up with articles that makes sense even if only few will like it.

peachpurple
      Participant

No I don’t force myself to write till I drop, that would be horrible

iyanpol12
      Participant

I do sometimes but not often.

ptrk12
      Participant

Yes, at times, I have done writing for hours on end, even when my eyes were feeling terribly sleeping. At times, writing is so maddening for me.
      At other times, ideas do not come so freely and I do not write for many days.

cessy08
      Participant

There are times where I feel that I can write non-stop so I try to maximize my output during the writing surge. Unfortunately, I can only write until a certain time each day since I need to take care of my little boy after that. So what I do is to write down ideas somewhere so I can easily get back to where I left off with the hopes that can continue.

nailah783
      Participant

I’m trying to write an article in Listverse all day yesterday, but because my laptop kept getting cut off and the rules of their articles and how exact they are, I was not able to finish before I fell asleep. I really want to write for them because they give you 100 dollars for every approved article. I guess I’ll see if that works out. In the meantime, I’m also writing for Postloop, theforumwheel, here, and other sites too trying to make daily pay. I’m always writing.

JohnG
      Participant

I’m quite idle to write nowadays… I don’t know if I’m lazy or my mood is not making any progress forcing me to write. I’m quite unproductive since August, can’t explain. But the story and other things are brewing in my mind and I know when I write I just couldn’t stop writing until I’m satisfied. I’m still working on my 9th poem and the movement is very slow. For now, I can’t write till I drop…

meowanji
      Participant

I don’t and I can’t. I’m not that good in writing unlike most of you but I enjoy sharing my thoughts.

junebride
      Participant

i do can relate…it’s the start point which is challenging…

gayathri
      Participant

I would love to write like that. But getting a start is difficult. Once I get a proper start I can keep writing.

Omison
      Participant

I’ve been using this technique, it’s cluttering my data, but I have 10 topics up and then I have 10 chapters a day to create…so it feels like I’m writing til I drop…the good thing is that I’m feeling the content, so it’s not hard to find the motivation to write…I just feel like I’m always writing…it’s a good and bad thing. Am I a perfectionist…not really. I just have a lot to write.

dinuka
      Participant

I’m doing my best. My grammar is poor. That’s where I am struggling.

angie10
        Participant

@dinuka…keep writing, the more you write the better you’ll get. We’re all learning here. Well, most of us are.

angie10
      Participant

I guess if this were my main income generator, maybe I would. But since I have a full time job that really takes it out of me, I can’t afford to write ’till I drop’.

gina145
      Participant

For me it varies from day to day. Often when I’m really looking for an idea, I can’t think of a thing to write about. But when I’m away from my computer, usually when I’m trying to sleep, I’ll suddenly be full of ideas and I know that if I don’t write them down I’ll lose them. I woke up at about 4 am today with two ideas for blog posts and it was an hour before I had written down all I needed to and could finally get back to sleep.

realityspeaks
      Participant

I like to write when I find time.

angie10
      Participant

I couldn’t write until I dropped. Even just to get started takes a lot of effort. I envy you guys who can do this. It’s not as easy when you also have a full time offline job.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.