Write down points on paper

Activity Forums Writing Content Write down points on paper

Tagged: 

This topic contains 36 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  ptrk12 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

deepam
    Participant

I thought of a good idea to tell sheridan while I went to lie down. I am having slight fever and cough but after getting up because of interruptions from mil, i forgot what I thought about completely. My mind is a blank. Maybe, I will remember it later.

What I meant is – write down your ideas on paper as soon as they occur otherwise it will be forgotten. Same goes for ideas about articles too.

I had written articles yesterday, so it was easy submitting it today when am sick and cannot write.

realityspeaks
    Participant

I do write down important bits of information. I do not write on paper though, I have a whiteboard where I jot down all things important, it’s mostly lists and numbers, I take a pic of lists for groceries on my smartphone.

deepam
      Participant

Ah yes, a whiteboard is very useful

TAlberts
    Participant

Yes, I do that since I started writing online 5 years ago.

kimdalessandro
    Participant

I write down title ideas, and I also write down many of my posts by hand before coming back later to publish. I’m more creative when I write them by hand. My ideas seem to flow more freely.

blueberry
    Participant

Yep writing down our ideas that popped out from somewhere is an efficient way of not forgetting it. And I am using my smartphone on doing that.

gina145
    Participant

Most of my ideas seem to come as soon as I switch off my computer at night, so a lot of my posts get written by hand first. Typing them is like moving from the first draft to the second one because that’s when I edit what I’ve written most.

Maricel
    Participant

yes definitely I agree with you sometimes I do that, better taking down notes on ideas it will help.

cessy08
    Participant

Wow, you guys are so organized on these things! To me, I take photos of things I want to blog about and just store it in my Blogjob folder. I do write articles in advance and save it as draft for times when I can’t write and publish instantly.

ptrk12
    Participant

One can also use a simple text editor to jot down points whenever they come to one’s mind.

angie10
    Participant

Oh, that’s exactly what I do already. I thought that’s what most people did. If an idea comes to me and I can’t write just yet, I make note of it. If I’m able to write, I write while I’m still on a roll before I lose my mojo LOL

deepam
      Participant

ah yes, me too. If I am on it, I type like mad otherwise I just cant. Thanks for the ideas dear ones. I tried google handwriting app but it is too poor. better write on real paper.

peachpurple
    Participant

i have the habit to write down my ideas in my notebook ( paper pad) then I draft in evernote

TAlberts
      Participant

I have that habit too @peachpurple but in small pieces of paper and then throw it when I am done writing.

ptrk12
    Participant

Yes, and I even use a google Drive text file to keep ideas which I jot down.

angie10
      Participant

@ptrk12…..I’ve never heard of the google Drive text file, I may check it out. Thanks 🙂

thisnthat
    Participant

That’s good advice. I get busy and forget things frequently. I usually always have pen and paper at hand. I jot down lots of stuff.

Just one thing… make sure your shorthand isn’t too short. I’ve written things down and abbreviated stuff, but later I don’t remember what it meant. LOL

angie10
      Participant

Hehe OMG @thisnthat….that sounds like me! I’ve either abbreviated it too much or quickly scribbled to the point where i don’t remember what it’s meant to mean or what I’ve written. I mean, I can’t even read my own writing.

Stephanie C
    Participant

I actually go through notebook after notebook with all the lists I make. I write down to-do lists, grocery lists, blog post ideas, and all kinds of things. I think it helps me stay organized and to not forget something important.

luciaanna
      Participant

I write down to-do lists, grocery lists, blog post ideas as well @stephanie_c/. I do my best not to forget things I have to do.

Danny
    Participant

that is a good idea friend, paper is just we need.

thisnthat
    Participant

This is a really good tip for writers too. I always carry pen and paper with me and it comes in handy to jot down quick notes on things I wanted to write about later. You just never know when something will inspire you or when a great idea will flash through your mind. It’s easy to forgot all those ideas later.

ptrk12
    Participant

We can use any text editor as well as simple pen and paper approach is also great.

angie10
    Participant

I have a file on my desktop where I have bits and bobs started and all my ideas for articles are saved on there 🙂

deepam
    Participant

inspiration does help a person to write free

I have a notebook that I use to write down ideas when I come up with them. It is very rare that I get ahead on writing articles.

Heart
    Participant

I have a journal to jot down things that comes to mind.

deepam
    Participant

a notebook is a great idea

Super Spy
    Participant

I actually write longhand for most of my work, which some people think is old fashioned, but it works for me. I often write down a word or phrase and then use it later on for something.

gina145
      Participant

@superspy There’s nothing wrong with being old-fashioned. I am too.

People today tend to overdo their use of technology and soon they’ll forget how to do things any other way. I find I’m much more creative when I can drag myself away from my computer for a while and I think my life would be a lot better if I spent less time online.

suni51
    Participant

I keep a notepad ready on desktop when something comes to my mind and spread it later converting into a blog post.

peachpurple
    Participant

https://blogjob.com/members/thelme55/ your gotta be full with paper in a week

TAlberts
      Participant

Yes, I have a box for those paper written ideas @peachpurple 😀 I use 1/4 sheet of paper to fit them in my box.

ptrk12
      Participant

A box is a great idea.

angie10
    Participant

Wow, @Vinaya Ghimire….don’t you ever forget them?!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.