Why have you chosen to write about what you write about?

Activity Forums Writing Content Why have you chosen to write about what you write about?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

angelgrace
      Participant

What do you write about and why?

trinawilliams
      Participant

I have so far created 2 sites on BlogJob, but I anticipate that I will be creating several. I am the type of person that enjoys writing and discussing many things. The first site that I created though has been about money, budgeting, and saving. Although I have only made 2 posts I am sure that this will become an active blog for me. I selected this topic because I am new to a lot of the money saving techniques that I have read online and I wanted to, in a sense, journal about my successes and failures in this area in order to help others and really get a conversation started about finances.

What about you?

Isis
      Participant

My blog is about raising awareness of your Self and others around you, the power of positive thinking, enlightenment, and my experiences while on this journey to light, love and truth. Hopefully it will inspire others to do the same. I write my blog to be the change I want to see in the world.

kendra
        Participant

Oh I’m so glad to hear there’s a blog that focuses on positive thinking/living here on BlogJob! I debated for days on whether I’d go with a crochet blog or one on my experience and what I’ve learned of Law of Attraction, Positive Living, mindfulness, that sort of thing. Ultimately, I figured since I’m trying to do some selling of my crochet pieces, I’d better create a blog that allows me to show my work and tutorials as well as connect with others in that area. I almost did both blogs, but being that I have a full time job and write a column for two magazines and am still maintaining my 4-year old Blogger hosted blog, there’d be no time for another blog! Lol. I am going to have to go visit your blog now. I’m so excited!

laurie1979
      Participant

The personal one and the one on here talks about how I make money which caters to being inside and outside of the house in order to have some money to do what we’re meant to do. Since most people are interested in earning additional income, why not share the wealth by sharing free information?

Other than that, I’ve also wrote about different topics for various sites and clients. Some of them I tend to have an even harder time to write about because of lack of passion and/or don’t know much about it and get apprehensive on writing the piece.

kendra
        Participant

I think that’s really great of you, Laurie! We ALL want to know this kind of info because I don’t think there’s anyone out there who wouldn’t want to earn extra income. Awesome of you to share this sort of thing. 😉 I’ll most definitely have to take a trip to your blog!

Pragati
      Participant

I write about Online Marketing | Inbound Marketing & Image Consulting. I chose these topics because I am very passionate about Marketing and Image Consulting (aka Fashion Consulting)

moonphased
      Participant

I write about the mind, post recipes, talk about travelling and show people music. The reason I write about this is because it interests me and maybe there’s other people out there liking the same things as I do.

Jessica
      Participant

My only currently active blog on BlogJob is about creepy movies, predominantly horror or psychological thrillers. I love watching movies that will either scare me or disturb me. I don’t know why I’m so drawn to this sort of interest, but I felt like I have a lot of opinions about horror movies that I’d like to share. Fun personal fact: I wasn’t allowed to watch or read horror media until I turned 18 and now it’s really important to me.

kendra
      Participant

Here on BlogJob? Crochet.

Why? Because it’s one of my passions and since I spend so much of my free time crocheting (knit sometimes too), then I figured why not share that through a blog? Also, I have ran another blog for 4 years now (hosted elsewhere) where I’ve focused on product reviews for everything from health supplements to skincare and clothing, so I thought I’d do something else for a change with my blog here. It’s something I enjoy and it allows me to connect with other crafters in that area, too.

As for my actual career, I write columns for different magazines, mostly on the topic of sexual health and relationships and health in general, mostly alternative health topics. I usually am assigned topics according to my “expertise” and a lot of times that includes food and research essays as well. Those (food writing and essays are not my passion, though.) But eating the food? Different story. Lol. There’s definitely some passion there! haha.

I can’t think of many topics I have not taken on.

Amalthea Hustles
      Participant

Right now, I have two blogs here on BlogJob. One of them is a melange, it’s a personal blog about my life and love and being poor and making money. Not really organized, but if I’m going to throw all my thoughts together into chaos, may as well make money.

I have another blog, which is my music blog, wherein I share whatever songs are on my mind at any given time. I listen to a lot of uncommon music, so I think it’d be cool to share, and maybe other people will share their tastes with me, too. I find it easy to talk about these songs, so that’s why I’m blogging about it.

Brandon Goulding
      Participant

right now I write mostly about fitness and physical therapy. Mainly it’s because I know more about those subjects than I do anything else and I’m passionate about it.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I mainly write a personal blog but I also write on how to make money, beauty, health, fitness etc.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

I write about my pets, my personal life, my product review and in the future, I will share about my online stuffs that are really paying.

realityspeaks
      Participant

On blogs its pretty much anything that comes to mind. When its content writing, I do a little research on topics before I write.

iyanpol12
      Participant

I write about music and trivias about songs.

TAlberts
      Participant

Because I love sharing my expat life, my cooking, my baking, gardening and my travel experiences.

gina145
      Participant

I’ve started two blogs, but I’m only committed to one of them right now, and that one is about my bonsai trees. Growing bonsai is my passion and I want to share it with as many people as I can.

TAlberts
        Participant

I would love to try planting bonsai trees @gina145

gina145
        Participant

You really should give it a try then. You don’t have to start with an expensive tree.

thisnthat
      Participant

On Blogjob, I’m writing about being a work at home mom (because I am one), Life stuff (because it’s a broad topic and I like sharing life hacks and stuff), Health (because the older I get the more I pay attention to my health), and TV shows (because I tend to watch a lot of TV when I can’t sleep and I like talking to other people who watch the same shows).

peachpurple
      Participant

i love recipes, I bake and cook them everyday, I compile most in Hubpages, so I write a short intro here and I also write parenting issues here, I am a homemaker, what can you expect from a jobless lass?

inertia4
      Participant

Well for me, I write on three other sites besides this one. I mainly like writing poems and short stories. But I do write basic posts as well. Like general things. I will be writing more and posting up here. I currently have 2 sites here and will increase that with another one soon.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.