Why Earthquake is being more frequent in nowadays?

Activity Forums General Discussion Why Earthquake is being more frequent in nowadays?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Rish
      Participant

Have you noticed this killer natural disaster is shaking the earth more often nowadays comparing to earlier decades.
      What’s your opinion on reason of this?

ptrk12
      Participant

We are mostly seeing earthquakes in and around Himalayas, which fall in the highest earthquake risk zone- zone 5. Then, surrounding Indo-Gangetic plains and low lying areas in Nepal, India, Pakistan are also in zone 4, the second most risky zones.
      Also, I had read long ago that from 2000 to 2050, the Himalayan and surrounding areas would experience a number of earthquakes- big and small, and this is what is happening now a days. I shudder at the thought of a major quake with epicenter near any major North Indian city- the results would be devastating.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

The environment changes the movement of the land. It can came from the ocean sometimes, volcanic eruption or fault line. It is the changes in nature that can caused it too.

Rish
        Participant

Thanks for giving your opinion @ptrk12

Rish
        Participant

I wish nobody face such natural disasters @Grecy Garcia

jkct01
      Participant

My state, Sabah, had never been known for earthquake activities but it struck Ranau, Sabah, Malaysia with a moment magnitude of 6.0 on 5 June 2015. We are not safe anymore.

ptrk12
        Participant

What is the seismic zone level of your area?

Rish
        Participant

Disasters come in many faces bro @jkct01

Bharat Sharma
      Participant

Not exactly sure but what I’ve learned is that the Himalayan Mountain range that we have is very young and is full of energy. The increase in earthquake is because of the increased activities in the Himalayan plates. It is just the energy of “Young Himalaya” that are causing these earthquakes. Other theory ( religion based) is that people are becoming sinner day by day, and it is just a God’s way to punish those sinners ( I don’t believe in this theory)

Rish
        Participant

@bharatsharma I hear that ridiculous statement abut God and its punishment as the face of earthquake.

iyanpol12
      Participant

Two words.Climate change.

iyanpol12
      Participant

Two words @mahirish . Thank you. 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.