Why Doesn't Amazon Picture Links HTML Work in my Blog

Activity Forums Blog Monetization Why Doesn't Amazon Picture Links HTML Work in my Blog

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Tracey Jade Boyer
      Participant

I put Amazon picture links in Word Press Blog pages all the time, but when I try to put an Amazon banner or any link other than text in my BlogJob Blog, it will not work. I click on the text version of the page and insert the HTML code from my Amazon Associates account, and go back to visual page and all that shows is a grey rectangle with no picture.

Aren’t we allowed to put Amazon (or other stores) HTML banners or picture links in our blogs?

dawnwriter
      Participant

The same thing is happening to me too. I hope @Sheridan can answer. The links are not working in my blogjob posts and do not show up.

Admin
      Participant

If you are using javascript code it won’t work. Amazon does have iframe banners as well that you should be able to use in blog posts.

TAlberts
        Participant

Thanks for the information @Sheridan.

gina145
      Participant

@Sheridan I’ve just inserted my first Amazon ad into one of my posts and I can only get the ‘Image Only’ version to work even though the ‘Text and Image’ version appears to be an iframe banner. I really want it to show the Amazon logo too. What am I doing wrong?

deepam
      Participant

thanks for the info

shaloowalia
      Participant

@gina145 I am facing the same problem.

gina145
        Participant

@shaloowalia The only solution I could find to that problem was to insert the code for the picture and the text separately. It doesn’t have the Amazon logo, but it’s the best I could do.

shaloowalia
      Participant

@gina145 This is what I have started doing now. But I have seen ‘image and text’ version on many posts. Wonder how they manage it!

shaloowalia
      Participant

@gina145 never mind dear..let’s make the best use of the options available to us.

gina145
        Participant

@shaloowalia I agree. It’s not so difficult to insert two bits of code, so why worry about it? When I asked the question I didn’t know that the other way would work.

shaloowalia
      Participant

exactly!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.