Who is your favourite fictional character?

Activity Forums General Discussion Who is your favourite fictional character?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

dawnwriter
      Participant

I think Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen) and Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle are my all time favourite fictional characters.

What are yours?

rextrulove

Toban, the main character in the first science fantasy novel I published.

dawnwriter
        Participant

@rextrulove Do tell us more about him.

rextrulove

Toban is strong, mysterious, magical; a wizard who comes across as harsh and without feeling, but it turns out that he is extremely loving and constantly does things to help almost everyone at risk to himself, he just doesn’t draw attention to himself.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

I love Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters in the movie The Fault In Our Stars. They are just fictional charactes but they are inspiring.

dawnwriter
        Participant

I have not read this book as yet but it is definitely on my list.

Nana
      Participant

Dr Michaela Quinn she’s one of my favorites then Laura wilder also Meredith Grey and Brenda Lee Johnson

Andria Perry
      Participant

Hmmmm, I must think about this one.

shaloowalia
      Participant

Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy for me too!
      ‘Pride and Prejudice’ is my favorite book.

dawnwriter
      Participant

@shaloowalia Mine too. I must have read it a gazillion times 🙂

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

I am intrigue by Pride and Prejudice, definitely I will find a PDF copy of this one.

Jessica
      Participant

Mine is pretty controversial but not well-known (though it’s sad that she, the book, and the author are not). I really like April Kennedy from Tim Miller’s April Almighty series. In the first book I was so squicked out by everything that I didn’t really notice her like I should’ve, but from the second book on I was on her side (sort of). She’s more of an anti-hero than a hero and I’m not saying that I always agreed with everything she did, but I understood that a consequence for her very disturbing power was slipping deeper and deeper into insanity and I still wanted to follow her. It is really hard to explain this character and the book, so sorry if this seems jumbled or inconsistent.

dawnwriter
      Participant

I recently read The King’s General by Daphne Du Maurier and its main characters Honor and Sir Richard Grenvile are also quite amazing characters.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.