What's the best way to save money on hotels?

Activity Forums General Discussion What's the best way to save money on hotels?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  thisnthat 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

thisnthat
    Participant

There are lots of hotel booking sites and stuff, but are there any other ways to save money on hotels? I know the prices vary by season, but I need to make a trip at a certain time. Of course, it’s during the “peak” season, so it’s already more.

What other ways are there to get discounts on hotels? Any ideas are appreciated.

cessy08
    Participant

Hmm have you tried using booking websites like Kaligo that will allow you to earn miles? I also used Agoda for a while and earn some cashback as a form of reward but now, I want to focus maintaining my Etihad frequent flyer membership status so I am using Kaligo.

Anne Farmer
    Participant

I wish I could tell you but have never been in one of them.

MissyWeng
    Participant

There are hotels that offers discounted price depending on the packages.

rextrulove

I so seldom get a motel room that I wouldn’t be of much use. I don’t travel much and when I do, I prefer camping out.

TAlberts
    Participant

Ask some friends if they know some cheap hotels.☺

Angeles
    Participant

Have you thought about renting a flat or a house? I used Airb&b, twice, and it was great! There are other sites offering vacacional flats, or houses, like Booking.com or Homestay.com.

thisnthat
      Participant

Those sound like interesting sites. I think I had them pegged wrong. I thought they were for renting out a room, rather than a house. I think I would consider renting a house though. Thanks for the links.

Angeles
      Participant

@thisnthat, in fact Airb&b is also offering rooms, I forgot to tell you. I have used to rent two apartments. 🙂

Andria Perry
      Participant

Yes there are houses for weekly rentals. I have a friend that does this in P.C. Florida. My old lady used to have many of these.

realityspeaks
    Participant

Some hotels have additional discounts on specific credit cards.

Andria Perry
    Participant

I know when I cross state lines while driving that usually at the rest areas their are coupon books for discount rooms, or they have coupons for so much extra off.

thisnthat
    Participant

Thank you all for the tips and ideas.

I was looking at some Airbnb type sites. They do have some cool offers. I don’t know that it will work for us, since most of the best ones were in the heart of the city. I will keep looking though and checking out the other ideas.

Much appreciated. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.