What's one of your pet peeves?

Activity Forums General Discussion What's one of your pet peeves?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Danae
      Participant

What’s one of your pet peeves?

One of my main pet peeves is when another driver cuts in front of me without signaling, especially during rush hour! So inconsiderate and could’ve gotten into an accident! Ugh.

Dee
      Participant

One of my main pet peeves is when I say “Thank you.” to someone and they have just go “Mhm.” or something like that. I don’t know why. It’s like I gave you two words, so you give me two back, ya know?

Danae
        Participant

I know right?!

angie10
        Participant

Yes, same here @Dee…I actually think it’s rude when someone does that. It also feels like they have beef with you, but just aren’t saying what’s eating at them.

Pegasus
      Participant

I have many, but right now the one that comes to mind first is people who are on their cells while driving even with a ‘hands free’ device like earphones with a mic and they still hold the mic part up to their mouths. My friend just got T-boned by a person on their cell phone.

Danae
        Participant

Oh my gosh, I’m sorry to hear about your friend! I hope he/she is okay and is recovering?! D: I don’t understand why people do that!! I’ve seen a few people doing that >.<

Pegasus
        Participant

Thanks Danae. He is doing okay now, he just can’t stand up for long periods of time. He was an athlete so he was strong and is healing well, but he has to sit to do a lot of his work now (he works IT so it’s not a huge deal, just has to have someone else move stuff out for him for now)

thecatchall
      Participant

People who are both ignorant & arrogant.

Danae
        Participant

That’s what I call cocky people ;(

Emily Hargrove
      Participant

When people decide to carry on long conversations while I’m trying to watch a movie or TV show. My husband is one of the worst offenders in that department… I’ll be trying to watch something and he’ll suddenly decide that’s a good time to talk about a video game he tried out the night before.

Danae
        Participant

Ohhhh my gosh I know that feeling! I also hate when I’m watching a movie with someone and he or she will repeatedly ask, “What’s happening?” or will talk during the movie. Ugh.

Amalthea Hustles
        Participant

Danae, my little sister was one of those people when she was a kid, always asking what was going on as the scene was unfolding. Then, I saw I, Robot with her and told her she wasn’t allowed to talk for the entire film.

It ended up being her favorite movie for a while.

Amalthea Hustles
      Participant

I am a pretty forgiving person, so not a lot of things bother me, but people who bring personal character attacks into discussions about concepts really make me mad.

SadieMarie
      Participant

One of mine is when your going the speed limit or a little above it and a car is ridding you. Its annoying.

Danae
        Participant

That is sooooo annoying! Gives me bad road rage lol ;(

kendra
      Participant

Ugh. I have some, and lately I’ve been focusing hard on not letting myself focus on them! Ha Ha Ha. Focusing on not focusing on something. Basically, I’m just working on trying to keep myself calm lately & I can really get into a frenzy if I let myself talk too much about things that annoy me, but it can be so relieving to talk about them at the same time!

One is when someone invades my privacy. I am probably saying that because it’s happened so often lately. Lol. Otherwise I’d have probably said noises. They are hard for me because I have misophonia (or “4S” or “Sound Sensitivity,) and pretty much any loud noise (especially whistling or the sound of dishes clanking, sirens, mouth noises, etc.) They make me feel like I’ll explode!

But seriously, invading my space also puts me near the edge. When I can’t even take my clothes off in my own bedroom, behind my own closed door without teenagers (and younger) busting in without a dang care in the world… Or the bathroom for Pete’s sake! THE BATHROOM. I’m thinking what did you think you were going to walk in on?! It’s even worse when I finally do get some privacy and they come through the blasted window. I’m not even kidding. Any entrance to the only two private rooms (bathroom and bedroom).

Everybody should be able to do whatever they please and have 100% privacy in those two spaces — their bedroom and bathroom. When I was a teenager, and even a small child I never busted in someone’s room, not even my parents. It’s like common sense has totally left the building these days…

I knew I’d get to ranting! Lol.

Danae
        Participant

The window?! Haha I’ve never been that desperate to get into a room/bathroom that I’d go through the window. But I can relate on the privacy thing, though it might be a little different in my case — I hate when people go through my phone or try to read texts over my shoulder! I hate when the door to my room is opened without them trying to knock first – what if I was undressed at the moment?!

SadieMarie
      Participant

Noisy neighbors would be one.

Pegasus
      Participant

Just ran into a new pet peeve. I had to go to the mall to get my glasses fixed. I avoid the mall often if I can, it’s just not my favorite place in the world, but on a Wednesday morning it’s not terrible because no one is there. HOWEVER, the one thing that I always forget about, but I really hate is those people at the kiosks or the small store fronts who try to accost you as you walk past. I know they are doing their job, but seriously people NO IS NO! Rant coming up on my blog about this!

angie10
      Participant

I too like many others, have MANY. But I HATE people who talk over you, and then when you have your chance to speak, you can literally see the wheels turning in their head, not listening to you, but thinking about what next to say. Then the minute you pause for a breather, they’re straight in there with something random….GRRRR!!!

marygoround
      Participant

so annoying huh?!@

Maricel
      Participant

oh my that is really not a good way to do really I don’t like that too my friend.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.