What should I write about?

Activity Forums Writing Content What should I write about?

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author

Sonu
      Participant

Hi while I have already submitted one blog about Harry Potter, I love the fictional character. I am in two minds as to what I should write next. Should I make it a blog where I write what I believe in or should I adhere to what sells. Let me know.

kendra
      Participant

Honestly, I feel like if you opt for “adhering to what sells,” and you lack real passion for whatever that topic would be about, then you’ll just be selling yourself short. Always go with what you love, your passions and what you know, and if you can mix in what “sells,” then all the better. But a lot of times, when we start a blog writing on something we aren’t really interested in or passionate about, it’s so easy to lose interest or not put your heart into it, and readers can tell. In cases like that, you don’t really gain readers, especially long term ones. Plus, you have to be careful when writing about “what sells,” depending on what you mean by that, because blogs like that often appear spammy.

Sonu
        Participant

Thanks.

kendra
        Participant

No problem, Sonu. So, were you able to find any inspiration and come up with any ideas yet? Sometimes it does help to just sit down and start with whatever is on your mind at that particular moment. That’s is what I do a lot of times when I’m faced with a blank page when needing to write an article. A lot of times, I just start writing whatever is the first things on my mind and before I’m a paragraph deep, I’ve got great ideas firing off out of nowhere 😉 Some of my successful articles came about that very way. 😉

Bharat Sharma
        Participant

I completely agree with you. Writing without passion and just on the fact “what sells” is something from which we should stay away. It is always better to write as per your passion, interest and knowledge.

Participant

Just go for what you find fun. That way, you’ll make sure it’s good, so it might sell 😉

SadieMarie
      Participant

I would write about things you love and enjoy. People will come to your blog if you write about things that you are passionate about.

Stephanie C
      Participant

If you write about your passions, it will sell. The key to having “material that sells” is having good writing. Your passion will flow from your writing, and people will be much happier to read it. Good luck!

Pegasus
      Participant

Sometimes honestly I just look around my room – it’s filled with things that I love that I can talk about and spin a story around for awhile 🙂 I write nonsense that is entertaining at least I hope it is

Sonu
      Participant

@Pegasus LOL. Send me images of your room then, may be that will help.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

For what I believe, you can write anything. It can be your favorite character in the movie, your favorite food or your dreams and aspirations. As long as you can move people with your writings, maybe yes or no, I think you need to write something that people will appreciate you.

Simona Abdi
      Participant

Sincerely I didn’t find yet which subjects are liked by members. It’s true, I am here only since 2 days, but I will write about music and I will share my personal thoughts. However, the limited points are stopping me to write as much as I want.

Sonu
      Participant

Even after a year at blogjob, I dont know how to drive my mind towards topics to write on. But I enjoy writing whatever I do, and that is the most important thing.

realityspeaks
      Participant

Anything you are passionate about becomes when you get down to writing.

pramalkumarsamanta
      Participant

We may write about any topic which appeals to us. There are many topics which come across in our mind. We may write about this blogsite which is really interesting to us.

tinnie
      Participant

That’s a difficult question. If you write about what you like, it’s much easier to do it and it may bring you a lot of joy. But at the same time it might be frustrating when it “doesn’t sell” very well. On the other hand writing about things that do sell will bore you much more quickly and you’ll have to push yourself into it. But then again a few posts that you didn’t enjoy may get more attention than a lot of posts that you did enjoy :/

peachpurple
      Participant

Write the stuff that you like or love. Recipes, poems, health, job related, rants.

pramalkumarsamanta
      Participant

I agree with the views of peach purple so far writing is concerned.

Jeanette Hall
      Participant

Write about subjects you personally feel strongly about. If you love animals, write about your favorite breed of the animal of your interest. Family may be what moves you. Vehicles are another option. The sky is the limit!

Shane
      Participant

It’s fundamental for us to experience a writer’s block. Me too can’t think of anything to write sometimes, but I’ve tried to recollect those unforgettable memories that happened in the past, make the most painful happenings as a source of inspiration. I am also adopting the strategy of freewriting.

TAlberts
      Participant

Sometimes, I just sat in front of my laptop but looked far behind it where the building of the home for the aged was facing at me. Thinking about nothing and then suddenly an idea hit my mind. Or I looked around in the living room and found something to write, like about the paintings of my hubby.

azaz
      Participant

Every time you watch harry , I’ll send you a kisss sonu

joseph
      Participant

follow your heart.

iyanpol12
      Participant

Write what’s your interests. I love music so I write about music.

TAlberts
      Participant

Write about everything you are passionate about.

munda23
      Participant

Just go with you taste …

cessy08
      Participant

I would definitely go for a topic that I love. That’s the reason why I have 3 blogs here so I can categorize which topic belongs to where. I also have a separate parenting blog in blogger. It is hard work to maintain four blogs at the same time but I also find that by trying to limit the topic to just one is also difficult.

Lacey Hayward
      Participant

So far I have a personal blog, a niche blog for making money online and an affiliate site which needs more work. Really its like YouTube, where you can have multiple niches that you can talk about.

Rish
      Participant

Write whatever you want .. lol

In my opinion, we should go with our passion. We can create a revolution that way. What do you think?

Karen Fainges
      Participant

If you write about something you enjoy, chances are others will enjoy it too. Nothing brings a smile more than someone who is happy to be there.

angie10
      Participant

Don’t over think it, just write from the heart, write about what interests you and everything else will fall in place 🙂

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.