What other sites do you guys use to make money?

Activity Forums General Discussion What other sites do you guys use to make money?

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author

Alyssa
      Participant

I’m using so many right now. I should probably just pick a few. Right now I am using Swagbucks, SliceThePie, ChatAbout, MyRecipeMagic, PerkTV, Bubblews, and InstaGC. I am in the process of moving things from my Squidoo account as well.

Amalthea Hustles
      Participant

I use Mturk, SliceThePie, ChatAbout, PaidVerts, Gomez Peer Zone, and Bing Rewards. I don’t really like paid surveys very much, since I rarely qualify for anything, but TellWut’s surveys take about a minute or two at most, and don’t have any qualifiers.

I’m also picky, because I don’t really like gift cards that much. I need money for grocery and bills, you know?

Message me if you want more information. 🙂

Danae
      Participant

The main sites I’m using right now are Bubblews, Chatabout, and now BlogJob. I also have various apps on my phone like ReceiptPal, Panel App, Kickbit, and I might give Swagbucks TV a try again.

Payton
      Participant

This site, Chatabout, PerkTV, kickbit, and those are the ones that I can keep up with lol

Dorann
      Participant

The three that I’m actively using right now are bubblews, swagbucks and chatabout. I do keep perktv running on my devices as well. I’m not getting rich but if I do it when I’m not working my regular job, I am at least saving some money for upcoming birthdays and Christmas.

Pegasus
      Participant

I don’t want to burn myself out, so I have only a handful. I do Swagbucks, Perk TV, Prize Rebel, Chatabout, Your Word (very intermittent), Tellwut (slow going, but easy), and this site. For fun and a break I also do Crowdtap. It’s not changing the world, but it’s changing things for my family and that’s enough 🙂 Okay, maybe it’s changing the world a little too, I can do some nice things for friends with some extra pocket money

Jessica
      Participant

Right now I’ve dropped my collection of paying websites to BlogJob (of course!) and Daily Two Cents. For paying apps, I am in love with Perk TV. Bonus: It gives me ideas on upcming movies that I didn’t know about but might want to see.

Amber R.
      Participant

Right now I’m using Usertesting , Clickworker, and FeaturePoints. I’m going to make a new post going into more detail about each of these in case anyone is interested.

Nicolee25
        Participant

I used feature points for a long time.

Amber R.
      Participant

Alright, lengthy post warning!

Usertesting is a usability testing platform site. You get paid 10 dollars per webpage you do. It only takes about 15-20 minutes. Your screen is recorded with UT’s special screen recorder. Also, you also need a good mic to do it. I wouldn’t suggest it if you aren’t comfortable with talking out loud and voicing your thoughts though. If you do enough website tests and get good reviews, then you can apply to be a mobile tester. If you are approved, UT will send you an Ipevo camera for it. (I looked it up on Amazon and people sell them for about 60-70 dollars.) For the mobile testing, they want tablets, ipads, iphones, and Android phones. Click here to visit Usertesting. *Forgot to mention that it takes a full 7 days to get your payment, but they’re always on time to the exact minute you take it.*

For Clickworker, it’s a microtasking site. I honestly don’t make much from it, but it’s a few extra dollars that get sent to my paypal at least. It’s exactly as it sounds. You do tiny, tiny tasks for cents each. But, before you can do anything, you have to take assessment tests. This includes an English test, a Contact research test, and Proofreading. This because sometimes, if you’re really lucky, tasks that pay more will pop up. This can be anywhere from writing a short summary of a webpage, looking up contact info for a site, etc. You need to score high enough on the assessments though for these to pop up. Such as 75-80%. Click here to find out more.

Lastly, FeaturePoints is an app that lets you get different amounts of points for testing apps on your Iphone, Android phone (and…maybe tablets? I don’t remember off the top of my head if it works for them too.) You can cash out these points on different amounts of amazon gift cards, paypal amounts, psn gift cards, Xbox gift cards, and even an Nexus 7 or Ipad mini retina if you save up enough. I’ve been on it for about a week and already have 2000 points saved up. To get the points for trying the apps out, make sure you complete any tutorials and stay on it for atleast a minute. You can delete the app afterwards. But, I’ve found a few neat apps that I personally kept after trying them out. If you are interested in FeaturePoints, go to it on the playstore and download it. Make sure you put in the referral code of XMNA8S and you’ll get 50 points right off the bat.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

kendra
      Participant

Great post, Amber!
      I have tried many of those mentioned, but most have ended badly. 🙁 I quit with the sites like Slice the Pie because of all the negative things happening to other members & it just was not adding up for the time I would have to put in, but oh well.

I’ve used Inbox Dollars (paid email sort of thing basically) for years! It equals up to $30 a year. Worth it in the end since all you’re doing is clicking on an email and going to a link (then closing it as it opens Lol) a few times a day. They started another one that’s basically identical called Send Earnings, but it has earned me a bit less.

However, the thing with Inbox Dollars is they promise once you’ve been with them for so long (as I said, I’ve been with them more than 5 years!) they promise you become a “gold member” which I did and that you earn more and more as you go up. I actually am earning way less this last year. For some reason they are not paying per email what they used to and it’s taken me almost 2 years to accumulate anything ,and it used to be $30 a year. It’s nowhere near $30. Not even half right now! But, hey. What can you say there?

I was an Mturk worker forever & spent most of my time working on that until I got an email from Amazon asking for my social security number. I’d read in their privacy terms or something that they would never ask for this info and to forward any email from “them” that asks for this kind of personal info to their department for that sort of thing. I did and got a reply that the email was not legit — not from Amazon to ignore it and NOT give my social security number when I clicked the link and was asked to fill out the form.

Got an email a week later telling me to fill out the form with my SS number or I’d be suspended from earning or having access to my money already earned there! I said whatever if it’ll keep me on, I’ll give it. I did. All was well until a week later. The same email threatening to close my access to the account if I did not fill out the form. I emailed Amazon letting them know I DID fill it out and that I would happily fill the form out AGAIN if for some reason they did not receive it, but the form would not re-show for me since I’d already filled it out! It only gave me some message about already filling out the form and not being able to re-do. WTH? Amazon was NO help and here I am with hundreds of $ in that account and nothing I can do about it.

The odd thing is I’ve never heard of this happening to other M Turkers. I hope to one day get back access. I had a lot of great opportunities since my rank number (whatever it was called) was high. 🙁

Okay, just thought I’d put that out there. Sorry for the lengthy story.

I used to be a member of a community that paid out called Toluna, but they cut the pay so low that most members protested and left swearing they’d only come back if Toluna showed respect and appreciation for the members and made SOME efforts. Nothing happened so the old members, including me never went back. Another one of those things that take WAY too much time for it to ever add up. It may be different today, though and could be worth checking into for someone who doesn’t have a full time job?

I’ve tried as many as I thought existed, but am seeing some new ones listed here! Thanks guys. I might check some of them. I cannot think of any others that I used and actually got paid from right now, though. Will post back if any come to mind, though.

kendra
      Participant

How could I forget to mention Bing rewards! I signed up as soon as they started and since it’s so new, I’ve yet to get enough “points” to get anything they offer, but they do have a lot of really awesome offers to choose from! I can’t wait to get a huge accumulation of points. You are limited, though to only earning points for 30. And it takes 2 searches to earn a point. So, every 2 Bing searches, you get a point. If you’re someone who researches or is a writer (we are always having to use search engines for writing assignments and research), then it’ll add up eventually and you’ll get nice rewards, from what I can tell.

thecatchall
      Participant

Ebay is the best site that I have found to make a little extra money. As long as you do your research when it comes to listing the item, take good pictures and lots of them, know your shipping prices, and just being honest. Honesty is key when it comes to selling anything online, people will respect you more and will come back.

Emily Hargrove
      Participant

I’m a member of ChatAbout, Bubblews, and of course Blogjob.

I also use a couple of apps on my phone… ReceiptPal, PerkTV, Adfun, Checkout 51 (on occasion when they actually offer deals for things I need), Yappem, and Instant Rewards. I used to be pretty big on Swagbucks, but it just takes me so much time to earn money on there, I’ve found that it’s almost not worth my time.

laurie1979
      Participant

I used to be a heavy user of ChatAbout up til just late last month when they decided to double up the amount of points we have to earn in order to get one of the prizes. One of the bare minimum is the $5 deal. It’s now 1000 points instead of 500 so I think of it as a lost cause.

I now use a lot of things such as YourWord, OnePoll, BlogJob, Slice the Pie, InnoPoll, Skinny Cow (earn points for either one of the prizes), Purell Loyal program, somewhat with Swagbucks but don’t use it a lot, Inboxdollars, Sendearnings, and there’s probably more as well since I use a lot of sites. Oh yeah. PaidViewPoint is another one.

For apps, I use Checkout 51, SlideJoy and ScreenPay SJ and SP require you to have a Droid. Sorry iPhone users. Google opinion as well. Panel App too.

Emily Hargrove
      Participant

Oh my gosh, @laurie1979 , I hadn’t even noticed that ChatAbout upped the price of all their rewards! I was saving up for the fifty dollar giftcard, so I hadn’t checked the rewards page.. now we’re down to half a cent per comment? And each comment has to be twenty words? oh my gosh, not worth my time.

jtisdale
        Participant

I just found out today myself. I was about to redeem and was surprised how much the points had gone up. I will save up for the $25 it seems like a better deal.

Amber R.
      Participant

Hmm. I’ve noticed a lot of people use PerkTv. Anyone feel like summing up what you do with it?

Emily Hargrove
        Participant

@ Amber R. PerkTV is an app that you put on your smartphone, tablet, iPod, etc. that runs videos. You don’t have to pay attention to it, the videos run on their own. If you run it on more than one device, you can actually make quite a bit… it’s four points for every two videos and then 5000 points for a five dollar giftcard. I always save up 50000 points for the fifty dollar giftcard, but that’s just me.

Amber R.
        Participant

Ahh, I see. I’ve already started using it and am really interested by it. I’ve also download the Perks Quiz app too for when I want to take a break from the TV and ace the Disney trivia questions. Ha!

Emily Hargrove
      Participant

I really like the quiz app, but sometimes it starts to wear on me lol. That’s kind of why I’m so attached to PerkTV… I just let it run on my iPod touches and I wrack up points while I work on other things.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I’m currently using bubblews and sometimes I use slice the pie. I use to use mturk all the time until I tried linking my kickstarter account and now they froze my account for no good reason.

laurie1979
      Participant

I thought kickstarter was used as a way for you to get some people to donate to what you needed financial help on? In a lot of cases, it’s to raise funds for a new business or something.
      I am on mturk but don’t use it because when I check there last time, they had a bunch of chump change work so I gave up on that site.

Brooke
      Participant

Right now I use Slice The Pie, Bubblews, FusionCash, Swagbucks, Iwriter. I occasionally sell items on Ebay. My real job is a virtual assistant and that is where I earn the majority of my income. However, it’s not enough to pay the bills and even when it is I don’t have any spending money. So I combine them all and earn enough to pay the bills and save for things while also having spending money. I would say the biggest problem is knowing how to divide my time the best to maximize the earnings.

laurie1979
      Participant

Brooke, that’s good that you’re a virtual assistant. Since you also write at home, you should look for blogging and review jobs. I know that there are some permanent ones out there some where. I haven’t been writing anything for this new client that I found last week. I believe I lucked out on making even more money than now. My fault though but the heat was getting to me. I did print out the email that I received on the day I had the instructions on how to write the piece.

Brooke
      Participant

Thanks. I will start looking at writing and reviewing jobs. It would be great if I could find one other permanent job like the virtual assistant. It would mean more income each month, rather than gigs. The gigs are great but if I could earn a couple more $100 a month then I’d be doing great!

SadieMarie
      Participant

I use amazon mturk, bubblews & slice the pie as well as perk tv.

Nicolee25
      Participant

I’ll have to try some of these sites. Thanks guys (:

laurie1979
      Participant

Your welcome Nicolee25. Each one of us are making money and it’s interesting that there’s a bunch of sites and apps to use to make money with. I also use Clashot but haven’t gotten any clicks from anyone interested in buying any of my pics for quite some time now so it’s just sitting there being idle with more people friending me there than anything.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I also use postloop and Tsu as well as youtube.

atulnarang
      Participant

I was using bubblews but they did not pay me once. They paid me 6 times but the 7th time, they just did not. Also, dollars started taking a lot more time than earlier so I stopped working with them.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I gave up on bubblews. For me #1 here, Youtube, poostloop and Tsu mostly.

Nana
      Participant

I am only on here going to check others out

SadieMarie
      Participant

This is the best one for sure! But there are a few others that I know of too.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

I am consistently working on Humanatic, that is my good source of income. I use whzon and forum coin and now this one, blogjob.

angela
      Participant

What is the best and quickest way? i work full time so it’s a little hard to balance…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.