What kind of content you consider as a quality content?

Activity Forums Writing Content What kind of content you consider as a quality content?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 41 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  SHOHANA 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

SHOHANA
    Participant

I love reading science related contents as i’m a student of physics. I love to know new things about any topic. Those writers who write interesting topic as a content, i try to read them regular.

blueberry
    Participant

I think I could consider a post to have a quality content when it is written well in terms of grammar and overall thought or idea of the whole post/blog. In terms of topics for my own preference I would say I loved reading personal blogs, those happening in the blogger’s life.

ptrk12
    Participant

My “proverbial” 2 cents on quality posts(or articles/blogs etc)

Well, I do not want to be a big preacher, but such content should at least have:

1)Good grammar.
    2)Minimum or Nil spelling mistakes.
    3)Well structured content.
    4)Background and Summary if possible.
    5)Content that evokes interest and is not just like a boring news item.

angie10
      Participant

Same here, @ptrk12! Plus, I don’t like anything too heavy or too long.

peachpurple
    Participant

@blueberry/ i agree, good grammar and spellings, plus punctuation marks

peachpurple
    Participant

@ptrk12/ you said all the points are correct, precisely

Jessica
    Participant

I feel like “quality” varies depening on what I want to read at the moment. Sometimes a personal post that reads like a tream-of-consciousness is a good quality post because it shows me the writer’s state of mind. If I want an educational article, I would only consider articles that are researched and filled with links and/or images as good quality articles.

angie10
    Participant

I also have to point out I prefer a light hearted read, nothing that comes across as trying to be too clever. I like something I can whip through very quickly, something that may be unique to the writer. I like to be able to learn something about the writer’s personality, that I may otherwise have never found out.

SHOHANA
    Participant

thank you so much friends for replying wise things about quality content. 🙂

priscillaking
    Participant

I’m not really fanatical about grammar–have been known to recommend an otherwise good article with a note that the writer is from a non-English-speaking country. I like posts that tell me something I didn’t know. Links and book references are good. I enjoy looking at pictures if the computer I’m using can handle them, but many of them can’t.

There is a tendency for blogs to focus on “me me me,” what I did, what I’m thinking, and read like letters from a friend. That kind of post is interesting if I think of the writer as a friend, or e-friend…I wouldn’t say they’re low *quality*, and some bloggers report that those are the posts that attract the most page views. On the other hand…you don’t *publish* letters from your friends; I seldom “plus” or share a “me me me” post–even if it’s my own.

rextrulove

I feel that ‘good content’ and ‘high SEO value’ are so close to the same thing that the two terms can almost be interchangeable. To have high SEO value, the article must be informative in one way or another (which means ‘no fluff’ or the sorts of articles that are about what aunt Martha had for breakfast), it must be easily understandable without a lot of spelling or grammar mistakes, the title has to give some solid indication of what the article is about, and it needs to capture and keep a person’s attention. Naturally, not all articles are going to have high seo value, even if they are an interesting read. 🙂

Disclaimer: I taught SEO when I was a senior manager at Helium.

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

I think quality content are those that is about what makes you share your interest to anyone and how you profound your ideas and not just about flowery words in just to make it up to 300 words.

angie10
    Participant

I too have heard that ever green material has great pulling power.

thisnthat
    Participant

I like content that answers a question. I prefer that it answers it quickly and in an easy to understand manner.

Longer posts seem to be what search engines and people who pay for posts want these days, but I find that the more demanding things become, the more fluff there is. People just pad the posts to hit the word count, in many cases.

I’d prefer to read good content that hasn’t been artificially extended to meet a minimum word requirement. I mean, I get that a reasonable minimum might be necessary, but I don’t agree with those who demand that every post be 750 + words. I think most people stop reading long before that number, especially if the content isn’t broken up into smaller parts.

rextrulove

I seldom have a problem with writing 700 to 900 words, unless the topic is too narrow. If anything, I tend to be too verbose. Still, most of mine fall in the 400-700 word range, because I work at being brief. 🙂

angie10
      Participant

I prefer to read shorter articles like yours, @rextrulove. I don’t like wading through a 1 000 word article at all. Even when it’s interesting, I find myself skipping chunks so as to get to the end LOL

rextrulove

@angie10, some of my articles are over 1,000 words. lol I just try to keep them in the 500-700 range. A lot depends on what I’m writing about.

angie10
      Participant

Hehe ok….now you know which ones I’m likely to read LOL 🙂

angie10
      Participant

Hehe @thisnthat I can definitely confirm that I’m one of those people who don’t like long articles. Brief and concise is better for me, otherwise I start to lose interest. Yet apparently the longer the better in terms of SEO!

Anne Farmer
    Participant

I read all kinds of content, some have grammatical errors and other problems in their posts but it’s all good to me.

ptrk12
    Participant

@rextrulove senior manager at Helium. So you must have passed some of my articles written there back in 2009-2011

rextrulove

There is no doubt, @ptrk12. I oversaw Home & Garden, Science, Sports, Travel, Education, Pets & Animals and Religion and two other channels during that time frame. I was also one of the editors and a fact checker. 😀 I rather miss those days, despite working 10-12 hours a day, 7 days a week.

laksh
    Participant

For me, a quality blog content is that which attracts readers and interactions happen. It need not be only informative articles, but it can also be personal blogs..

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

To be honest, I think it is any kind of topic. As long as it gives an information and new information, for me that is a quality content. I also consider quality content those that are original content.

maggie
    Participant

I love something that is educative and from which i can learn something new. Things that state facts and reality as it is. Open minded stuff that do not restrict people to s specific kind of way

SHOHANA
    Participant

its good to know many more opinions about quality contents

thisnthat
    Participant

I also like original content, or at least a new spin on an old topic. There is too much repetition these days. When you are searching on a certain topic and every site you click on has the same old stuff that gets old. I love when I come across one that has something fresh instead of repeating what everyone else is saying.

monsterjar03
    Participant

A quality content must be 100% unique – passes Copyscape.

hangmen13
    Participant

It depends on a lot of factors, but for me, it has to be something that could hook your audience and turn them into your followers. If you’re able to create a well-written opinionated piece combined with vlogging/podcasting, you might be able to garner a fanbase.

Nana
    Participant

I love to write all about all kinds of things and I am in no way a great writer

Jackalyn
    Participant

Quality content will hold my interest and make me want to comment. I will not read anything that has a lot of mistakes or that is poorly written.

As SEO is not my force, I do not pay attention to that. I do not think SEO always produces the best article if the person is trying to work on links.

As others have said, the content must be 100% original.

When returning to a writer I like to see consistency. We all have off days, but I am likely to look again at a blog where the writer keeps up a standard.

Anne Farmer
    Participant

If you really want to see what quality content is then check out kim allessandros’ blogs here, she is an award winning blogger and I can see why!

Super Spy
    Participant

Quality content must be to me engaging, and show the writer has a voice and style. Articles should be clear and concise, with examples or references, and should be easy to read as in paragraphs and sentence structure.

I personally don’t like too many images because it detracts, takes time to load online and sometimes the image is irrelevant and has been used purely for SEO.

*This is what I think

1. It may not be excellent in grammar. English is not the native language of everyone. Still they tried – we must appreciate their attempts. Grammar may not be excellent but the content must be readable and understandable. That’s OK for me.

2. Plagiarism should be minimal. It cannot be 0% but it should be within the tolerance level. World likes original content. If you are copying, learn to respect the source.

3. It should drive some value. Timepass blogs work only sometimes NOT always.

4. Images can be there but should not be disruptive and distractive. Infographics work best.

5. Content should be organized. Proper Headings / Q&A. Well written and to the point. Simple & respectful language. NO selfish Agenda / false propaganda.

6. Last, we talk about SEO.

SHOHANA
    Participant

very nice answer @fun1oriented2learning

SHOHANA
    Participant

most welcome @fun1oriented2learning

anthony davis
    Participant

Being informative and instructional to others is a good start. A willingness to read others and respond when you can with tips and help that will make them better off for knowing things that you know and are willing to share freely.

I like the point that you bring up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.