What is your weather like where you are right now?

Activity Forums General Discussion What is your weather like where you are right now?

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author

Anne Farmer
      Participant

Which season is it and what is your weather like at the moment? We have crazy highs and then it gets low as we have winter here. I wish it would stay at a warmer temperature.

iyanpol12
      Participant

It is very hot on daytime here. But chilly during nighttime.

angie10
        Participant

That’s not too bad because you can sleep at night, @iyannpol 🙂

Nana
      Participant

Very cold expecting snow

rextrulove

It is barely light enough to see, but it looks like the snow stopped falling sometime in the night. We only got three inches yesterday, but they were tiny flakes of dry snow. The official temperature is currently 20 F / -7 C, so not especially cold. The ski resorts in Montana are loving this as they are operating at capacity.The dog races are happening every weekend, too.

The Oregon Cascade Mountains are continuing to get slammed with heavy snow, though. Heavy snow is falling at Crater Lake National Park and the road to the rim is closed. They are having difficulty keeping the south and west entrances to the park open, because of heavy snowfall. There is currently a huge storm centered on the Oregon-Washington border and reaching all the way to the Oregon-California border in the south, to the Washington-Canadian border in the north. The storm is coming out of the gulf of Alaska and moving west by south west, which means that we’ll get hammered probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

Did I answer the question adequately? LOL

Andria Perry
      Participant

In Alabama, its hard to tell from day to day. Its Winter but one day it may be 60°F and the next 40°. Today a cold front is here, with a small chance of flurries, temps around 45°. The next few night itll be only in the mid 20s.

ptrk12
      Participant

Cold days with some sunshine, and cold nights with winds, minimum around 5 to 6 degrees celsius.

angie10
      Participant

We’re going through our summer, and we’ve had some crazy hot days…..right up to 42 C; stiflingly HOT! But it’s been lovely and overcast for the past week or so. I just pray it stays like that 🙂

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

Basically during January we have a very cold weather so let us say we have it right now, and right at the moment it is really cold.

rextrulove

A weather advisory just went up about 10 minutes ago for freezing rain here.

blueberry
      Participant

It’s chilly here in the Philippines every morning and then will change to something so hot at noon time but the heat is tolerable. As night time falls, it becomes chilly again.

nerdieeds
      Participant

We are starting to feel the heat of the summer here. Though it should normally start in March. March is the hottest here in the Philippines and it is called the Fire Prevention Month. It is not chilly anymore unlike the past years During December to Feb.

suni51
      Participant

It’s cold, I just checked it reads 12 degree C at 3.30 in noon and last night it was 3. It will go down to 1 tonight.

rextrulove

@suni51, right here, it has warmed up since midnight. It is now a little after 8 am here and our temps are all the way up to 2 C. 🙂

suni51
        Participant

@rextrulove I know what you mean but if move say 120 km north from my home it’s almost -15 degree C and I love that but for the area I live even 0 degree C is considered cold 🙂

kimdalessandro
      Participant

It’s winter here and below zero. It’s the coldest that it’s been since late last February.

Nana
      Participant

Today 32 degrees and about 1/4 inch snow

Andria Perry
      Participant

Tonight in Alabama its raining and around 45°, slush headed our way

realityspeaks
      Participant

The sun it at its blistering best, the nights are cooler.

Maricel
      Participant

it is cold and windy here.

catthsy
      Participant

i havent trie the winter ,fall and spring

gayathri
      Participant

It’s pretty hot here in Chennai, India during the day and nights are pleasant.

rextrulove

It is supposed to get to 40 F / 4 C today, so it has really warmed up here. Washington DC is bracing for a huge snow storm, though, and the word is out that they have closed business offices there and that the subway is due to be closed. They are expecting 2 feet of snow from the storm.

peachpurple
      Participant

the weather here is summer, actually hot day until march

rextrulove

To be honest, I’m sort of glad to live in the Northern Hemisphere, where it is winter. Our winter-like weather is half over. There are advantages of living north of the equator. 😀

catthsy
      Participant

cold season

rextrulove

The eastern US is getting slammed with a huge snow storm. I feel sorry for all the people there and pray for them, but at the same time I chuckle. Storms like this show that global warming isn’t happening and forces global warmists to come up with reasons things are happening that their theory says that it won’t do. Some of their excuses, though silly, are funny and inventive.

shaloowalia
      Participant

It’s extremely cold here. Yesterday it was the coldest city in the region.

rextrulove

It is actually a warm start today. It is barely light enough to see this morning, but it is 34 F (about 1 C). I like winter days that start out warm like this.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

Here in our country it is super hot in the morning and little cold in the evening.

charmingchel
      Participant

It’s a gloomy Sunday in this side of the world.

nerdieeds
      Participant

@charmingchel friend it is already Monday. Which part are you in now?

charmingchel
        Participant

Uh oh, I was referring last Sunday. I wasn’t able to track the time @nerdieeds , lol!

rextrulove

Well, it IS Sunday here in the US. LOL

gayathri
      Participant

@restrulove it’s interesting to read the weather reports you give. I wish I could get a chance to visit your place. The place where I live doesn’t have a winter season at all. For the past 15 years, I lived in a place where winters went down till 1. I used to go to hill stations to see the snow fall.

rextrulove

@gayathri, I think it would be hard for me to live anywhere that didn’t have four distinct seasons, though sometimes the seasons here do sort of blur, one into the other. Still, today is nice. It is cool and there are lots of clouds, but I can see some blue sky and it isn’t snowing. 🙂

gayathri
        Participant

@ rextrulove. Yes. It’s boring to have the same weather round the year. I too love different seasons.

rextrulove

Today, our weather is rather pleasant, @gayathri. We have an overcast, so lots of clouds, but our temperature is warm. It is almost 40 F (4.5 C) and if we get any precipitation, it will probably be rain. This sort of weather pattern usually doesn’t do a lot, either, so if it rains, it will probably just be a few sprinkles. The warmth is melting a little bit of the snow, too, so our roads are mostly just wet, rather than being snowy and icy.

gayathri
        Participant

@rextrulove, if the snow melts to that extent without being icy, driving out should be easy now, isn’t it? I love driving during winters just to enjoy the surroundings

rextrulove

@gayathri, yes. Once the snow melts off the roads and if the temperatures are enough above freezing that the pavement isn’t icy, driving is easy. It won’t last, though. This weekend and into next week, we are supposed to start getting our next series of snow storms. The temperatures aren’t supposed to get very low, probably 20 F (-7 C), but when the temperature is around that point, we tend to get our heaviest snowfall. The timing is right, too. Historically, February is our stormiest and coldest month of the year right here.

This is very mild, though. Two years ago, for 3 weeks in February our temperatures never got above -18 C.

gayathri
        Participant

OMG! I hope it doesn’t get that bad this year. By the way, do you like it that cold? Will you still be able to continue your regular activities In that temperature?

rextrulove

The mild temperatures we are having right now, I can deal with. I can do without the bitter cold ones. When we had the super cold temperatures two years ago, I didn’t want to go outside for anything and the house constantly felt cold, even with the heater going. I almost died at one point because I HAD to go out into it to ride my bike to the store and back, to get some cat food for our kitties. The car wasn’t running at the time, so I went on the bike when the temperature was -40. (At minus 40, it is the same in F or C). I bundled up, but didn’t even think about the fact that on a bike, I was creating my own wind chill factor. The actual temperature was -40, but what I felt was -55.

I almost passed out a hundred feet from home and don’t remember how I made it the rest of the way. The moisture from my breath was frozen to my mustache, though. I’d prefer never to repeat that experience.

Then again, every summer it gets to about 110 F (43 C) for several days in a row here, so at times like that, I’m longing for the temperatures that are below zero. LOL

MissyWeng
      Participant

It’s kind of a cold here. And the sun is shrouded by so much clouds.

Nana
      Participant

Today at the noon hour fifty degrees in Missouri

rextrulove

Today, we are a little below 40 and it is raining. It is supposed to turn to snow on Sunday.

SadieMarie
      Participant

It is winter here in Colorado. Normally it is pretty cold out here. But luckily today it has been in the high 40s- low 50s.

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.