What is the best job you ever had?

Activity Forums General Discussion What is the best job you ever had?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

The best job I ever had was doing banquets and serving people. I got paid tons of money and loved it until my back go bad and I could never do it again.

Amalthea Hustles
      Participant

The best job I’ve ever had was when I was working as an editor, on contract, to edit this old woman’s mystery novels. She paid $21/hr and I got to work from bed while eating candy and reading.

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

That sounded like it was a great job. I love editing and have done some work that paid. I love physical work better than being in my bed or sitting because that is mostly all I can do now.

SadieMarie
        Participant

That sounds like a great job to have. I would love to be able to do something like that.

Pegasus
      Participant

The best job I have in the world is the one I’m doing right now as a mom and homeschool teacher. The other most rewarding job I’ve had was volunteering with 2nd graders. I worked at a bank and we were partnered with a school and were allowed time off to volunteer. Hated the bank work, loved the kids 🙂

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

That is so awesome. I love to work with kids. I love working with my own kids as well.

Pegasus
        Participant

They’re a lot of work, but there’s something, to me, that is so much more free about it – it’s not structured, there’s something different all the time, but it’s fun different. There was nothing fun different about loans and banking lol

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

I do have to agree children are very different and being an adult I learn so many new things from them.

Danae
      Participant

Honestly the best job I’ve had is the job I have now. I’ve been at my current job for a year – the work is easy, I’m good at what I do, I love my coworkers and no complaints regarding management, the pay is not bad, and the benefits package they offer to the employees is awesome. I want to keep this job for as long as I can. I work in a specific department of customer service at a credit bureau.

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

That seems like a very nice job to have and very interesting as well.

Danae
      Participant

I heard some people make good extra money driving for companies like Uber or Lyft. I would drive for Uber if my car had working AC :p

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

My husband is getting ready to take a truck driving class so he can get his CDLs. He will make more money if he does. I am so happy for him. He makes me so proud.

Emily Hargrove
      Participant

I used to work at a grocery store. That was pretty fun. It got a little boring at times, but I always was first to know what new products had hit the shelves.

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

I have worked at K-mart before it was pretty fun also.

Emily Hargrove
      Participant

I wish we had a k-mart where I live… I think that would be a pretty nice place to work. Unfortunately, all we have is Wal-Mart and Kroger. I worked at Kroger. The Kroger where I live is a little bit shady though… they weren’t very nice to me when I worked there.

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

Yes we have Wal-mart and Kroger here. I don’t like them very much for shopping not to friendly. I have applied but never worked at either.

Amalthea Hustles
      Participant

We have quite a few grocery stores where I live. I worked at the Fry’s for a while, which is owned by Kroger, and it was pretty all right. All of my coworkers were really friendly, and I thought it was interesting to look at the groceries that different kinds of people bought. There was the guy who bought nothing but a bottle of vodka, a Red Bull, and a malt liquor who you knew was gonna have a good weekend. There was the girl wearing white shorts who bought nothing but a box of tampons, and you empathized with her. There was the old woman who bought nothing but cat food and bird seed, and talked to me about how she had 12 cats as I helped her carry her groceries to her car.

I only quit because they gave me almost no hours for no pay. It was more of an inconvenience than a job.

Brooke
      Participant

Virtual Assistant job I have right now. It’s flexible, so it’s great. Plus it pays well. I wouldn’t mind a few extra dollars, but I can’t complain!

Alex
      Participant

The best job I ever had was being a teacher!

kendra
      Participant

Well, the best one (based on pay and ease and fun) was as a content curator on a website called UpInspire, one I was just let go from last week due to the company not taking off like the owners expected. 🙁 I love my current job though (author, writer for various columns and magazines) just as much, but the pay is way less and it’s not super easy all the time.

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

Those are all really good jobs. I really enjoy reading about every ones jobs and the ones they like and dislike. I personally love being a stay at home mom and a blogger at the moment.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I guess the best job that I’ve ever had would have to be as a dance teacher.

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

I use o love to dance before my back wen bad. I do miss it. That would be a nice job to have.

Victoria
      Participant

Haven’t had that many jobs yet, but the best job I’ve ever had was probably a debt management agent. I enjoyed helping people, even though it was a little bit underpaid.

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

I love helping people and also sometimes wish it paid more.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I’d have to say teaching dance or being a shot girl.

kendra
      Participant

The best one has to be the highest paying one I’ve landed and that’s the one I’m currently at, but I totally adored being a content curator for the site Upinspire. The company kind of crapped out, though due to not enough visitors to go viral and the employees were let go about a month ago. 🙁 Huge bummer because I found it very uplifting work. The companies and magazines I write for are all great and fun and everything, but with all that work, there’s only one that pays anything, so it has to be my favorite. The others get my name out there and help build my authorship, but $ is nothing.

xelaiehm
      Participant

the best job i ever had was when i was in a trading company as a purchaser since i am earning a lot at that time as well as receiving monthly incentives but sad to say the company closed and transferred 🙁

beman
      Participant

I’ve never enjoyed a job that I did.

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

Being a mom is such an awesome job to me. I so love my children and raising them.

Amalthea Hustles
      Participant

It’s one of the most important jobs you can have. It’s also really demanding, you’re on call 24/7. Keep it up. 🙂

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

Driving jobs sound so easy only if I drove.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.